Author Topic: So You Want To Join The Far East - An Overview of the Realms  (Read 35088 times)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Corrected that for you ;)

To be fair, I wasn't really paying that much attention at the time :)   Busy finishing my honours thesis :D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Madina's production had to be rebuilt, keep in mind when the war started we didn't have Madina City under our control and it was bottomed out in population thanks to. . . Sage!  Who is now in Aurvandil.

Can't build siege workshops in strongholds or townslands?

You can build explosives factories in townslands, at least...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Protest Options?
« Reply #77: October 12, 2011, 06:00:54 AM »
Well, at least it's not SA and/or Rio/Enweil/Stupidrealmname threads invading the FEI forum.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I would remove all the off topic discussions, but really they are the bulk of the thread :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Well, at least it's not SA and/or Rio/Enweil/Stupidrealmname threads invading the FEI forum.

No, but SA could the Far East Island.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
No, but SA could the Far East Island.

Nah, I think the Far East would unite against that.  It's a much more unified island than any other I've been on.  Makes getting wars going rather difficult.  Reminds me of the convoluted excuses western European Rulers used to justify wars against their fellow Christians, actually.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
BM has invaded my dreams. I dreamt every duchy of Arcaea except Topenah and Talex broke up into their own realm.   ;D

I even woke up believing it had broken up, feverishly checking the dynamic map for confirmation.  ::)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I tend to agree that the FEI (at least the North) would field a brutal force within instants of any invasion.

I also find it funny that anyone thinks that everyone else on the continent doesn't want to see Arcaea constantly held to a stalemate with Arcachon.  It keeps them safe from the war-machine and is good fun (and a better bang for your buck militarily) to boot.

Of course, no-one wants Arcachon to expand either.  I'm just glad to be on the offensive again as that's really what Ciann lives for.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
BM has invaded my dreams. I dreamt every duchy of Arcaea except Topenah and Talex broke up into their own realm.   ;D

I even woke up believing it had broken up, feverishly checking the dynamic map for confirmation.  ::)

I had a similar dream once, and it's not as unrealistic as you might think, oddly enough.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
I had a similar dream once, and it's not as unrealistic as you might think, oddly enough.

Spoiler alert?

I can see how Heq could be right. I know I've been in a position more than once where I've cheered on one side but hoped for a lengthy stalemate or mutual annhilation.

TMP is gone, at least for now, though so its not like Arcaea would object to some time to primarily deal with food distribution, diplomacy and ensuring all its regions are in good order. Course, none of that is a big problem right now, but I don't think its correct to assume that Arcaea would turn south if the war in the north concluded. A lot of Jenred's Imperial plans would seem, from what I'm aware of, to be better suited to peacetime anyway.

Still. Nice of the islanders to provide more land for a new realm in Arcaea's umbrella. I like their realm, culture and even their theocracy (having had two characters in their religion, one a priest) but I don't think there will be a stalemate for too long. Arcaea has a very good General, after all :)

Finn.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
On the other hand, OW is still alive! Expanding soon and need nobles for our plentiful positions  :P ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

We came close a few times. Alanurs, Palnasos, Taop, Ossaet, Topenah, and Lasop/Remton/Nocaneb/Niel have never split off to be their own realms. But I can easily count about 17 realms who came from completely different duchies- many around at the same time.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
(...) , Ossaet, (...)

How was Papania founded?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
How was Papania founded?

And a realm of the Osai (I forget it's name and it isn't on the lost realms list) that split off from Lasanar for a few days.

Sanctum of Casshern was formed in Palnasos.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Ardh Osai it was called, if I'm not mistaken.