Author Topic: The position of "Disband Unit" option  (Read 2052 times)

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
The position of "Disband Unit" option
« Topic Start: August 01, 2011, 03:24:40 AM »
I've had reason to click on the "Abandon your unit..." link every turn for the last couple of days, and one thing is bugging me each time:

I don't know if it's just me, but when I click on the "Abandon you unit..." link, it takes me to the next page, and the "Disband the unit." link is in the exact same position on the screen as the "Abandon your unit..." link was.

Because of this, any accidental double-click (or anyone using a touchpad to move the cursor who accidentally prods it and does a click) will click both the "Abandon your unit..." link and then the "Disband the unit." in quick succession and before they know it they've just disbanded a nice unit they actually wanted to place as militia (or, for new players, they've just disbanded their unit, without quite knowing how it happened, and without the gold to buy a new one).

So - a simple request if possible please - please add a couple of blank lines on the Abandon.php page, so that the link to Disband is lower down the screen.  That way the double-click won't happen and I won't have a small panic every time I click on "Abandon your unit..." on a laptop with a slightly iffy touchpad.

For the record, I use Opera browser on a fairly normal-sized laptop screen, and I am a simple Warrior with no special abilities (ie I have the same number of order options as most newbies will have).  I've had the same problem on other computers, so I know it's not unique to my current setup.

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The position of "Disband Unit" option
« Reply #1: August 01, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »
Hmm, after more investigation today, the issue comes and goes a bit depending on how many hours I have left.

With one hour left, the number of options I have is such that this issue is here.
When three hours left, the number of options is greater, and therefore the Abandon Unit link is lower down and not on top of the later Disband link.

That makes it a bit more tricky.  Perhaps indent the Disband link?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2: August 06, 2011, 03:43:33 AM »
I would support this, as well as an addition. Put the "Abandon your unit" option on its own, with a gap between it and other options. I often play using a touch screen, and more than once I've hit "Abandon your unit" rather than "Training" or whatever. Once, after realising what I'd hit and attempting to hit the correct option before the screen loaded, I accidentally disbanded my long-term cavalry unit. A bit annoying.