Author Topic: Lurian Empire  (Read 61153 times)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian Empire
« Reply #135: August 18, 2011, 11:54:17 PM »
(shrugs) Not my problem if Marche decides he doesn't want to talk.  He'll regret it sooner or later.

See now thats a threat :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: August 19, 2011, 12:02:41 AM »
And Bedwyr is supposed to be the good guy... :P

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: August 19, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »
It's not a threat.  Refusing to engage with your neighbors is always a bad plan, as pretty much any long-time Ruler can tell you.  Isolation in this game only works if you have physical isolation.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: August 19, 2011, 12:55:41 AM »
For what it's worth, contacting just Marche is a bad idea. Telrunya isn't super-uber active OOCly, and, even ICly, neither D'Hara's prime minister, nor even D'Hara's House of Lords, will be making the decision of what to do about Port Nebel alone. Dunno how it is in Barca, but I communicate more with the Elders of the Véinsørmoot than I do with the realm council of Terran.

Maybe if Coli wants to do some political pressure, he should realize that, if there's fighting over Port Nebel, it'd be, in very large part, Terran's army that he's fighting? Because I'll say that, as far as any IC information my character has, the situation looks very clear cut and simple: Amaury seized Port Nebel and is holding it hostage. No other contact has been made by Lurians, and there are no moderates among them. That's how it ICly looks for most of us in the Véinsørmoot.

Full Disclosure: I'm trying to OOC hint to you to negotiate with the Véinsørmoot on the whole, because of my OOC (and IC I guess) goal of making the Véinsørmoot a very strong organization, and this type of conflict can easily cement it together.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: August 19, 2011, 12:58:04 AM »
Marche is talking, he's just slow to react. It takes time to discuss matters and I've had 20 marked messages to handle. I finally managed to go through all of them. Now back to my University to tell them to shut up and take my money ;)

I'm glad when Elections are around the corner again so I can let someone else deal with this mess.

EDIT: Vellos is right. I'm receiving answers to my letters through the Véinsørmoot instead of just being replied to! :( It's awesome to see how the Véinsørmoot managed to acquire that position without much explicit approval by taking matters in their own hands (Barca's existence, for example), although Marche is still secretly a very tiny bit annoyed at Hireshmont because he was demoted when he wasn't Ruler, but oh boy, does he need them now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:03:33 AM by Telrunya »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: August 19, 2011, 01:04:57 AM »
Marche is talking, he's just slow to react. It takes time to discuss matters and I've had 20 marked messages to handle. I finally managed to go through all of them. Now back to my University to tell them to shut up and take my money ;)

I'm glad when Elections are around the corner again so I can let someone else deal with this mess.

EDIT: Vellos is right. I'm receiving answers to my letters through the Véinsørmoot instead of just being replied to! :( It's awesome to see how the Véinsørmoot managed to acquire that position without much explicit approval by taking matters in their own hands (Barca's existence, for example), although Marche is still secretly a very tiny bit annoyed at Hireshmont because he was demoted when he wasn't Ruler, but oh boy, does he need them now.

Heh, yeah.

Oh and, just to tantalize you Lurians... Port Nebel is just one item on the Véinsørmoot's foreign policy agenda. We have one other big one at present, and a few other smaller ones that keep coming up.

Oh and, Marche... sign the damn federation already.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: August 19, 2011, 01:10:24 AM »
I'm starting to like Dwilight's 3 hegemony story that's being built more and more... :)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: August 19, 2011, 01:11:53 AM »
Three more days for that, because of meddling Lords (Who thought Republic was a good idea again?). I should have just signed it already before there was a chance to object. Curse my slowness. I thought I could do Prime Minister again, but I'm barely keeping up with things.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: August 19, 2011, 01:12:48 AM »
I'm starting to like Dwilight's 3 hegemony story that's being built more and more... :)

Same here, really. Too bad the border runs between Fissoa and Madina, kind of :P

And my char doesn't like Aumary, of course :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: August 19, 2011, 01:23:30 AM »
For what it's worth, contacting just Marche is a bad idea.

And how should he know that?

Maybe if Coli wants to do some political pressure, he should realize that, if there's fighting over Port Nebel, it'd be, in very large part, Terran's army that he's fighting?

And how should he know that?

Full Disclosure: I'm trying to OOC hint to you to negotiate with the Véinsørmoot on the whole, because of my OOC (and IC I guess) goal of making the Véinsørmoot a very strong organization, and this type of conflict can easily cement it together.

And how should he know IC that the Véinsørmoot even exists?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: August 19, 2011, 01:36:02 AM »
Never even heard of it IC Anaris.

As for no moderates... well... we do have some....somewhere.....possibly?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: August 19, 2011, 02:03:57 AM »
Two things:

1) No moderates? Who do you know besides Amaury in LN? He is the only radical, afaik. And in PeL, who do you know besides Koli? I thought he was pretty moderate...

2) The Greater Luria having tMP as the unifying religion? Yea right...  :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: August 19, 2011, 02:31:16 AM »
Two things:

1) No moderates? Who do you know besides Amaury in LN? He is the only radical, afaik. And in PeL, who do you know besides Koli? I thought he was pretty moderate...

What are you on about? Amaury IS the Lurian Moderate!

Better than ImFl :)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: August 19, 2011, 03:41:25 AM »
Two things:

Like we've said: your heart can belong to whatever hippie god you want, but your ass, commerce, and infrastructure are managed by the Path. :)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: August 19, 2011, 04:09:52 AM »
For what it's worth, contacting just Marche is a bad idea. Telrunya isn't super-uber active OOCly, and, even ICly, neither D'Hara's prime minister, nor even D'Hara's House of Lords, will be making the decision of what to do about Port Nebel alone. Dunno how it is in Barca, but I communicate more with the Elders of the Véinsørmoot than I do with the realm council of Terran.

Maybe if Coli wants to do some political pressure, he should realize that, if there's fighting over Port Nebel, it'd be, in very large part, Terran's army that he's fighting? Because I'll say that, as far as any IC information my character has, the situation looks very clear cut and simple: Amaury seized Port Nebel and is holding it hostage. No other contact has been made by Lurians, and there are no moderates among them. That's how it ICly looks for most of us in the Véinsørmoot.

First, it's Koli.  Means, roughly, Dark Colin, and is fairly important to his character overall.

Second, while Matt is well aware of the organization and intrigued by it, Koli's never heard of it, or at least not in a context where he knew what the word meant.  Koli, I hope, is going to be known to history as the Great Compromiser, in both the good and bad senses, but there's little he can do when he's never even heard of this weird alliance thingy that D'hara's in.  If you want to, say, as the Ambassador of Terran make your position clear and let Koli know about how things work over there, then we can talk.  Until then there's not much I can do without breaking character knowledge.

Third, no one in Luria seized anything besides the opportunity  ;)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"