Author Topic: Lurian Empire  (Read 61256 times)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian Empire
« Reply #30: August 04, 2011, 12:47:45 AM »
Do they get old HHH entrance music?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 04, 2011, 01:33:32 AM »
What about tournaments that have a foreign winner? What if there are times when tournaments aren't affordable, or we're in the middle of a war and the champions are abroad?

Put an entrance fee and no reward gold, plus the shortest delay possible. No foreigners will want to come, and most won't be able to either.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #32: August 04, 2011, 02:23:05 AM »
My character would still join and win the tournament for the glory of the blood stars!  8)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 04, 2011, 02:49:10 AM »
Zakilevo,   Who do you play on Dwilight?  I think you are as fanatical about SA as I am.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 04, 2011, 02:54:13 AM »
How short a time can you place on the Tournament starting? Would it be possible to set it so low that only nobles within Luria would have the time to travel to the grounds to partake?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #35: August 04, 2011, 03:03:12 AM »
Zakilevo,   Who do you play on Dwilight?  I think you are as fanatical about SA as I am.

I play Kihalin on Dwilight. I am a bit depressed with only get second places for past three tournaments even with over 75%! I lost to someone with 45% in the final.. I try to make my character worship the maddening :) (You could have just pressed my name to check the family page)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:31:15 AM by Zakilevo »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: August 04, 2011, 03:44:55 AM »
How short a time can you place on the Tournament starting? Would it be possible to set it so low that only nobles within Luria would have the time to travel to the grounds to partake?

3 days I *think*, which, considering Dwi travel times, is *very* restrictive.

Others might be able to make it, but if the admission fee is 100 gold and there is no reward, would they? If they do, free gold for yourself.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 04, 2011, 05:29:07 AM »
My character would still join and win the tournament for the glory of the blood stars!  8)

We have just found a way to finance ourselves...  8)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 04, 2011, 05:45:32 AM »
We have just found a way to finance ourselves...  8)

Actually, indeed. My next tournament will have a much smaller prize and a much larger admission fee. The less people there are, the more the odds of winning are: there will always be some ready to take the gamble.

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: August 04, 2011, 05:51:57 AM »
Actually, indeed. My next tournament will have a much smaller prize and a much larger admission fee. The less people there are, the more the odds of winning are: there will always be some ready to take the gamble.

What?! How much smaller?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: August 04, 2011, 05:53:31 AM »
What?! How much smaller?

Depending on the private sponsors.

But I can't host two tournaments in a row, and TMP kinda got rid of my tournament grounds. So sorry, no ETA on that, but it ain't any time soon.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: August 04, 2011, 07:36:40 AM »
What if there are times when tournaments aren't affordable, or we're in the middle of a war and the champions are abroad?

What better reason for the current Emperor to "suspend the Royal Games temporarily" in the "name of an Imperial Crisis" promising to hold them "as soon as possible for the good of the Empire."

The power grabs, politics, and under cutting possible in such a system almost make ya wanna salivate.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: August 04, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »
How about Challengers, instead of having regular duels? Of course only Kings can Challenge their peers :) It would make the Emperor watch his strength all the time:) Of cours esome sort of limit should be provided.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: August 04, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »
No Champions.

Must be the Emperor to be who fights not someone else!
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: August 04, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »
No Champions.

Must be the Emperor to be who fights not someone else!

Champions were used a lot in the days, I think they should be an option. After all, it might put some ideas in the champion's head after a few times of winning for someone else. ;)