Author Topic: Lurian Empire  (Read 61106 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian Empire
« Reply #105: August 18, 2011, 08:27:42 PM »
new realms start over with low-quality RC's,

Errr.... what?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: August 18, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »
Errr.... what?

If a recently colonised duchy secedes. No?

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: August 18, 2011, 08:46:24 PM »
I suppose they would have access only to RCs which would be likely to be lower quality, but the quality wouldn't actually decrease, which I think is a miscommunication.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: August 18, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »
Nobody that I can recall as being in on the ground floor of this project made "efficiency" a consideration.  It's supposed to be about creating 3x the positions, 3x the cultures, and 3x the fun.  Dwilight is as much about man v. nature as anything else, and a cluster of confederated city-states with some organizing principles (tMP) and a shared common ancestry (Lurian Empire) sounds much more fun than a single homogenous blob.

PeL has its own culture, LN has developed a distinct one fairly shortly, and considering the people leading the push for Shinnen, I expect they would as well.  Some of us (mostly in PeL) would LOVE to bring Fissoa into this.  It's the perfect size and place.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: August 18, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »
The Lurian Hegemony spreads....

At this rate, we may actually have to include Asylon in the Véinsørmoot to preserve a balance of powers!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: August 18, 2011, 09:31:33 PM »
Nobody that I can recall as being in on the ground floor of this project made "efficiency" a consideration.  It's supposed to be about creating 3x the positions, 3x the cultures, and 3x the fun.  Dwilight is as much about man v. nature as anything else, and a cluster of confederated city-states with some organizing principles (tMP) and a shared common ancestry (Lurian Empire) sounds much more fun than a single homogenous blob.

PeL has its own culture, LN has developed a distinct one fairly shortly, and considering the people leading the push for Shinnen, I expect they would as well.  Some of us (mostly in PeL) would LOVE to bring Fissoa into this.  It's the perfect size and place.

But Solari, we both know how Sacha wants to bring Fissoa into this, and considering what has been said I am more inclined to agree with him ;)

However 3=7 remember ;)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: August 18, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »
Okay, a few things.

1. The reason a third Kingdom is getting set up in Shinnen has far more to do with Amaury and Koli not wanting the other to expand, and trying to set up some balance of power thing by power-sharing in the third realm than anything else.  Yes, OOC, more positions are awesome and I like it, but it's much, much, much more to do with trying to set things up so there aren't any more Lurian civil wars.

2. The secondary reason is that Luria Nova has a better position to claim Shinnen, and Koli wants some of his own people in charge of the food that will be produced there someday.

3. Who says Luria and the Véinsørmoot have to be opponents  ;)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: August 18, 2011, 10:48:05 PM »
Honestly, I wouldn't really mind having Fissoa be part of this. The problem would be though, that we'd have nobody to fight, because we're never going to turn our back on Madina. Certainly not to aid Luria Nova :) Teaming up with Shinnen against the Lurias, or teaming up with PeL against LN, now those are options :) Or remaining the rebel one-duchy realm that we are, of course. I like being in Fissoa :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: August 18, 2011, 10:58:38 PM »

3. Who says Luria and the Véinsørmoot have to be opponents  ;)

The Lurians making stupid threats over Port Nebel are.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: August 18, 2011, 11:00:18 PM »
Hey, don't blame us... you're the ones trespassing on our turf :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: August 18, 2011, 11:01:10 PM »
Hey, don't blame us... you're the ones trespassing on our turf :)

Giask revolted to us in the past, we made no such dumb threats. We'll remember this next time Giask is starving...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: August 18, 2011, 11:02:29 PM »
Chenier is making a valid point :)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: August 18, 2011, 11:05:19 PM »
Giask revolted to us in the past, we made no such dumb threats. We'll remember this next time Giask is starving...

Feel free. But make sure you don't issue threats you can't deliver upon :)

And for the record, the times Giask revolted, it was by design. Once to force a renegade Duke out of his position, and once to annihilate a rebel realm. Unlike D'Hara, who had Port Nebel revolt out of sheer incompetence.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: August 18, 2011, 11:07:10 PM »
Honestly, I wouldn't really mind having Fissoa be part of this. The problem would be though, that we'd have nobody to fight, because we're never going to turn our back on Madina. Certainly not to aid Luria Nova :) Teaming up with Shinnen against the Lurias, or teaming up with PeL against LN, now those are options :) Or remaining the rebel one-duchy realm that we are, of course. I like being in Fissoa :)

Fissoa and PeL vs LN.... would we win Shizzle?... definitely something to consider ;)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: August 18, 2011, 11:07:23 PM »
With all this talk about tMP being the "glue" of the Lurian Empire, I can't help but think that the Lurian civil wars are far from over and that the next one might be religiously tainted. ;)