Author Topic: Every action and command should state in-game how many hours it requires.  (Read 8217 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I am not sure as an advy, since I never played one on Dwilight. As a priest, however, there are times when the trip only needs an extra hour, but will only resolve on the turn. This only occurs for 16+hours trip.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Submitted it in Bugtracker.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

egamma

I am not sure as an advy, since I never played one on Dwilight. As a priest, however, there are times when the trip only needs an extra hour, but will only resolve on the turn. This only occurs for 16+hours trip.

I wasn't completely sure if that was the case. if the travel works same for priest and advy, then the wording is correct.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
well.. if it counts down every hour, then next turn would be redundant and thus a bug..
16+ hour travel for priests and advies works the same way. It counts down every hour until it hits 1 hour left. When that happens, you will arrive at the next turn change. Until then, you will start accumulating hours in your time pool. This is done to keep things certain travel-related checks centralized into the regular turn scripts, and not duplicated into the hourly priest/advy scripts.

This is intentional behavior, and not a bug.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
ah.. i thought he meant it counts down and arrives when it reaches 0, rather than next turn. (in which case it would have meant the text not doing what actually happens)
firefox

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I thought the same thing, that you arrived when it reached 0 hours. Bleh, and I even submitted it to the bugtracker :/
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

egamma

I thought the same thing, that you arrived when it reached 0 hours. Bleh, and I even submitted it to the bugtracker :/

Hey, I told you to do so, no worries.

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
This is not the same issue being discussed, but its fixing should be similar.

True, it's not the same issue, and since it's unexpectedly taken over a page of discussion on this thread, perhaps a mod could split those posts off into another thread?  ;)

Anyway, back completely-on-topic, here's an updated list based on those posted earlier in the thread:

PersonActionTime taken
AdventurerBuy equipment1 hour
NobleJoin guild1 hour
NobleScout ahead1 hour
NobleTurn around1 hour
NobleMisdirect1 hour

And here's the code for that so you can post this more easily into a future post to keep this list updated (eaving a blank line at the bottom makes it easier for others to copy-and-paste that blank line to make additional entries):

Code: [Select]
[table]
[tr][td][b]Person[/b][/td][td][b]Action[/b][/td][td][b]Time taken[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Adventurer[/td][td]Buy equipment[/td][td]1 hour[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Noble[/td][td]Join guild[/td][td]1 hour[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Noble[/td][td]Scout ahead[/td][td]1 hour[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Noble[/td][td]Turn around[/td][td]1 hour[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Noble[/td][td]Misdirect[/td][td]1 hour[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Banker
# Referendum... - initiate a new referendum
1 Hour

egamma

Banker
# Referendum... - initiate a new referendum
1 Hour

1 hour is for all eligible characters, not just bankers.

changing diplomatic status takes either 1 or 2 hours--any rulers out there?