Author Topic: SpellMaster Revival  (Read 10448 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: SpellMaster Revival
« Topic Start: August 04, 2011, 02:23:37 AM »
Sounds interesting.  Since I never actually played SM, I should probably read up a bit on the backstory. :-)

Regardless, I'm game.  I don't have a ton of time, but I can find time to post most days.

-Greg

It'll be hard without the old websites... there were six councils.  Mage's Guild, House of Chaos, Adventurers, The Underworld, Nature's People(?), and a sixth who was a very late addition I can't recall.  About the time the first PC made it to SpellMaster (Zasod) Tom's GM/SpellMaster character hatched his plot to use Dragons to takeover the world.  There used to be certamen(sp) that were ritualized duels that used some backend scripts to run spells that characters had accumulated.

SM2 wasn't as much fun for me, but it existed and introduced Tempus who had survived the original purges of the mundanes against the spellcasters councils.  In theory the Dragon isle wasn't ever mentioned(?) so it could have served as an outpost of magical training during the SM2 timeline.  We could in theory pickup from where SM2 left off in that respect.  Tempus is Tom's character though, so... maybe we can invent another old SpellMaster who survived.