Author Topic: Feature request: Unpause and move continents  (Read 1594 times)

Matthew Gagnon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Feature request: Unpause and move continents
« Topic Start: February 11, 2022, 11:14:29 PM »
Had a thought. I have a paused character that I have had a chance to do a lot of roleplay about while he is paused... but I would really like to unfreeze her and use her again, and build a new direction for her story.

However, I elevated an adventurer on the same continent who is active. He is currently a ruler, and I really like his character too and don't want to freeze him just to unfreeze her.

I have had two hero characters be killed recently, so I have room to have a character on Beluaterra or South Island... but I would much rather use my established paused character rather than a new character in those spots. I could use a really great bit of roleplay (she has been missing) to create a fun new story about her boat crashing on the new continent, with her having no memory of her kidnapping, and her search for answers in her new home... maybe someday if my other character dies she could then move there opening up even more fun story ideas.

In any event, I can't do any of that, because you have to unpause on the same continent as you were paused on.

I have no idea what may be required to allow a character to unpause and move to another continent at the moment they unfreeze... and acknowledge it may be too hard or too complex, and if so I totally get it. But if it was possible, I think it could allow some great use of paused characters, particularly with new roleplays and what now. It could also help avoid the old "my character died and 5 minutes later a mysterious 'cousin' shows up" phenomenon by introducing a new option.

Thats it, thanks!