Author Topic: Finding a sage  (Read 13751 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Finding a sage
« Topic Start: August 04, 2011, 07:01:37 AM »
I've got a few questions about sages.
Under what tab are they found under? As in, actions/items/quests?
What are some general tips about finding them? Should I just burn through regions until one is found? How long should it take me to find one?
When I manage to find one, will I be able to collect the items required before they leave? How expensive will these items be, and is there a way to predict what will be needed beforehand?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

Re: Finding a sage
« Reply #1: August 04, 2011, 07:03:57 AM »
I am pretty sure they just walk around randomly.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 04, 2011, 07:11:32 AM »
I've got a few questions about sages.
Under what tab are they found under? As in, actions/items/quests?
What are some general tips about finding them? Should I just burn through regions until one is found? How long should it take me to find one?
When I manage to find one, will I be able to collect the items required before they leave? How expensive will these items be, and is there a way to predict what will be needed beforehand?

Answers, roughly in order:

Items.
The only tip that means anything is to start at 16 hours / 16 fatigue and rest 1 hour at a time till one shows up. If no does, there are none in your region. If one does, you have a day or so to gather items, and you will find them again at the same hours mark as originally.
Finding one is random.
Who knows?
Who knows?
No.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 04, 2011, 08:07:59 AM »
Try to just get as many items as possible, with a great diversity. I've often traded 'doubles' with other adventurers, for our mutual succes :)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 04, 2011, 09:02:08 AM »
The only tip that means anything is to start at 16 hours / 16 fatigue and rest 1 hour at a time till one shows up.
Thanks. Immediately after reading this, I found a sage using your tactics and happened to have an item on-hand that would repair one of my items.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 04, 2011, 09:04:19 AM »
Try to just get as many items as possible, with a great diversity. I've often traded 'doubles' with other adventurers, for our mutual succes :)

Trading and gathering untill you find a sage is what i found most effective.
You should always try to multi task as adventurer.
What is even more effective is gathering friends, if your character has friends it will be cheaper to trade and you can hunt together.
Allthough gathering trading strategy is much safer.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 04, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »
bloody hell.. just found a sage and he created a ring and a shield for me. with exactly the same ingredients i think.

and as usual, I forgot to note down what the ingredients were... since the game doesn't tell you again. ever. so you can't put in on the wiki with any sort of certainty. the game doesn't give you the wiki code for unique item either, unlike item found via hunting.
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 04, 2011, 07:05:44 PM »
I am pretty sure they just walk around
True.

randomly
False.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:59:28 PM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 04, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »
bloody hell.. just found a sage and he created a ring and a shield for me. with exactly the same ingredients i think.

and as usual, I forgot to note down what the ingredients were... since the game doesn't tell you again. ever. so you can't put in on the wiki with any sort of certainty. the game doesn't give you the wiki code for unique item either, unlike item found via hunting.

They use a wide variety of ingredients, so I'm not convinced noting them down will help. Although it would be an interesting past-time.

I'm not too sure what you mean about the wiki, however.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 04, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »
writing them down doesn't help you make anything and that wasn't the intent....  the idea is that you might want to note down what the particular unique item is made of in the wiki... for trivia/fluff/etc

usually when you hunt and get an item, you'll be told (of the option) to create a wiki page for the item and the same page gives the item template wiki code

no such thing exists for sage made items.
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 05, 2011, 06:08:22 AM »
writing them down doesn't help you make anything and that wasn't the intent....  the idea is that you might want to note down what the particular unique item is made of in the wiki... for trivia/fluff/etc

usually when you hunt and get an item, you'll be told (of the option) to create a wiki page for the item and the same page gives the item template wiki code

no such thing exists for sage made items.

Interesting point. I can easily make a template for created items, can't do much about giving a link in game for it though. If anyone has some ideas of how the template would differ from the current one I would love to hear it.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 05, 2011, 06:45:37 AM »
it doesn't have to be different. it just needs to be there in the "item made" page in the game  for people to copy/paste into wiki. not everyone has made/found an item before and have a wiki account.

the ingredient bit doesn't even have to be in the template.
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 05, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
There is no need for a new template. The existing unique item template works fine. If someone who makes an item wants to list what it is made of, they can do that in the description.

As for not showing up for found items, I could swear I fixed that already... Time to go looking again.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 05, 2011, 06:10:57 PM »
it shows up for found (hunt) items but not made (sage) items.

the point about the ingredient is that it only shows up before you made it, not after. so it's a bit difficult..
firefox

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 06, 2011, 01:08:01 PM »
Hey Slapstick,

Not all of your questions were fully answered, so I'll add on with what I have learnt in the Far East:

Should I just burn through regions until one is found? How long should it take me to find one?

You should be able to find one in every region, just about. In perhaps 10 months, I can count on two hands the amount of times that I have not found a sage when looking. And I have looked for sages many times, and have made maybe 7 relics.

When I manage to find one, will I be able to collect the items required before they leave?
Most likely not. The item that they need will likely only be found in another region-type, and even if you are in the right region-type, odds are that you won't find the exact item that you need. You should either ask around for it to trade, or go to another region (the sages will ask for different things).

How expensive will these items be, and is there a way to predict what will be needed beforehand?
If you are gathering them, just depending on how long it takes. If you are trading, you will want to try provide a reasonable deal. As said before, trade your extras. I offer those items that I have 3 or more of, in general. Unfortunately due to "unknown factors" (to me, anyway), you cannot buy items from other adventurers. It is a dire lack. Depending on the damage, often the relic (unique item) will need more than one repair.

Some speculation: rarer objects seem to repair more than more common objects?