Author Topic: The Prophet Severina  (Read 1672 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Prophet Severina
« Topic Start: October 16, 2022, 07:03:00 PM »
Severina passes through the looming gateway of the Temple at Under Darfix. Her pilgrims follow close behind. The temple guards watch with stoic curioisty. Her captain, Honana, carries a large leather case clutching it to her chest as a mother would clutch her babe.

Together they ascent the steps to the topmost balcony. There Honana opens the case and one by one sets out its contents, first an easily, which the other pilgrims assemble for her, then parchment of the finest quality, quils and stiluses, precious inks of red and black, the sort reserved only for illumination, and last, and most reverently handled, a leatherbound book of notes. The captain takes her place beside the easil, holding the notebook open, facing towards Severina, ready to turn the pages at her request.

Severina stands before the easil and gently grasps a quil. She gazes once more at the pale red glow where the bloodstars hide behind the acursed clouds.

Then she closes her eyes and whispers,"The Bloodstars shine upon us always, even when we cannot see them", then opens them again and announces, "it is time," and at last dips her quil into the black ink.

======

Roleplay from Severina Erickson Player experience level: mentor Player play preference: rp
Message sent to all full members of Sanguis Astroism (28 recipients) - 14 days, 4 hours, 24 minutes ago
Severina set her stilus aside, her task done at last. For days she had scarcely done anything besides illuminate her sacred work. There was nothing to do now but wait for the inks to dry. She had produced four identical scrolls. Three of them were destined for leatehr cases marked "Mimer", "Libidizedd" and "Eidulb". One, the first she had painted, would be hung prominently in the main hall of the temple. Rendered in exquisit caligraphy and expertly illustrated, it depicted the Blood Stars in the different phases changing by the day, a calendar for the coming year, set to begin on the first of spring.

She gazed again at the sky, waiting for the night to come again.

=======

Roleplay from Severina Erickson Player experience level: mentor Player play preference: rp
Message sent to all full members of Sanguis Astroism (28 recipients) - 12 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes ago
Night fell, the first night of spring. Severina and her acolytes waited. At first the clouds to the west maintained their position, shrouding the light of the Bloodstars, reducing them to a sickly pale, red glow. Severina's heart pounded in her chest.

'The sign will come, it has to,' she assured herself.

Slowly almost imperceptibly, the clouds began to thin. Little by little the hazy glow seperated into two distinct lights until at last the Bloodstars shined clear as day for the first time in years. The Austere was dark, but the Auspicious and Maddening bright with the Auspicious ascending. Tears trickled down Severina's cheeks, for her calendar perfeclty matched the stars.

=====

Letter from Severina Erickson Player experience level: mentor Player play preference: rp
Message sent to all full members of Sanguis Astroism (28 recipients) - 12 days, 18 hours, 14 minutes ago
Faithful,

My time has come. I bring you on this the first night of spring a sign of my enlightenment, through months of careful meditation I have sensed the Blood Stars through the fell mists and learned their rhythms. I gift to the church a holy calendar, so that the signs may be known even when the stars are shrouded.

It is time to restore the heart of this faith.

In service to the divine Blood Stars,

Severina Erickson
Dame of Darfix
Priestess of Sanguis Astroism
Knight of the Temple of Sanguis Astroism