Author Topic: The Prophet Severina  (Read 1736 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Prophet Severina
« Topic Start: December 21, 2023, 11:43:47 PM »
A theological debate in the Well of Mimer between myself and a Sun Priest

Letter from Severina Erickson

Message sent to everyone in Well of Mimer (1 recipients) - 3 hours, 7 minutes ago

Priest Galadric,

Greetings. Some time ago I posed a question to a sun priest and received no reply. Perhaps you could answer that question. What does it profit a man to worship the sun? Does the sun not shine equally on all? Whether one worships the sun, or the moon, or the stars, or the elements, or giant invisible men or women, the sun shines the same. Loyal or traitor, brave or coward, good or evil the sun cares not. So why then do you worship the sun?

In service to the divine Blood Stars.

Severina Erickson
Priestess of Sanguis Astroism

Letter from Galandric Aboolio

(Personal message to Severina Erickson) - 47 minutes ago

Lady Severina,

The reality of our universe is more complex then you know, and to turn a blind eye to the truths of the universe is to be lost in the darkness. Luckily those of us in Lux Nova see clearly in the light of the all revealing sun.

Our faith and belief is built upon wisdom imparted to us through study of the celestial domain and the revelation of the prophet Gotz about the nature of the cosmos. The blood starts are an easily tangible way to gleam bits a piece's of the unutterable knowledges of the cosmos, the church of Sanguis Astroism achieved it purpose in recognizing this truth, but the full truth was much more powerful. The bloodstars are but reflections of a greater light, an all powerful source of knowledge and power so infallible that it illuminates all it touches. While the laymen may never be able to gaze into the light of the suns divine providence and see it for what it is we have tempered ourselves to withstand its power, and through it we have gained visions, wisdom, prophecy.

The church of Sanguis Astroism is built upon a hierarchy that has proven to be driven by a pursuit of politics and power rather than enlightenment and knowledge. Your letter presumes the only reason any would follow a religion is to enjoy some sense of self-importance not shared by the masses, that if the sun shines on all then there is no reason to search within its eyes for wisdom. We have cast that sort of mindset aside, and looked without fear into the face of the blinding sun! Many of us did in fact go blind, and some suffered awful sunburns, but we also found truth. The path forward is to recognize where the true power of the cosmos derives and accept it as truth not because it is convenient, but because it is right.

Signed,

Galandric Aboolio
Margrave of Shinnen
Priest of Lux Nova

Letter from Severina Erickson

(Personal message to Galandric Aboolio) - just in

Priest Galandric,

It is most interesting to hear that Gotz is considered a prophet among you. I knew him as a member of my congregation who held not a whit of interest in theology. Tell me how did he come to claim prophethood among you? What signs did he produce of his enlightenment?

I must say the theology you claim in which the Blood Stars are heralds of a greater divinity is most different from what was preached in the early days of Lux Nova, when they were rejected outright. I was there. The same priest who could not answer my question (and if memory serves it was Gotz) said the Blood Stars were mere distractions to be shunned. If the Blood Stars are a reflection of divinity then surely to profane them is to profane the divinity? For one does not look at a king's reflection in the mirror and say "You are a wicket hideous thing!" and then when the King faces them with ire reply "What is the cause of your rage sire? I did not say you were wicked and hideous, only that your reflection was!". 

You condemn the pursuit of power and politics within a church, so then Lux Nova is apolitical and uninterested in power? That is good to hear. Then surely you do not accept imperial support, nor take orders to perform acts strictly for the good of the Empire that have no higher theological benefit. If I may ask how is it that you came to be here in the outskirts of Mimer at precisely the same time that a Lurian army is ravaging the city?

No the blessings of the Bloodstars are not confined to an elect few. All who meditate upon their radiance will reap their benefits, and those who act in ignorance of them are prone to folly.

So you have given me an answer, I will grant that. You claim that it profits a man to worship the sun because it imparts wisdom and enlightenment. Can you describe this wisdom any further? So far you have only said that it drives men to burn their skin and go blind. What benefit does it impart that makes this wisdom worthy of such sacrifice. 

In Service to the Divine Blood Stars,

Severina Erickson
Priestess of Sanguis Astroism