Author Topic: The Prophet Severina  (Read 1739 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Prophet Severina
« Topic Start: February 26, 2024, 10:06:21 PM »
Faithful,

Some correspondence of which you should be aware:

"Letter from Severina Erickson

(Personal message to Wassgandr Felsenbach) - 3 days, 14 hours, 26 minutes ago

Heliacal,

Congratulations, your war against my faith in the south has been a rousing success, another illustrious victory for your legendary record. I doubt if any priest of any faith for the next seven generations will dare preach against you or your realm.

Is there nothing that might induce you to spare this last bastion of our church within your lands? Given the significance Sanguis Astroism and its schisms to your history, and the grievous harm that these assaults do to the moral of your peasants and the economy of your city, is there no further incentive that might sway you to leaving the temple in peace? A regular tithe? Monuments to your glory? Greater tolerance for Lux Nova? The life of a hated foe? Sister Katrina, whose auto de fe sparked this conflict has been afflicted with sleeping-sickness for some time and is likely to die, so hear death which you long sought will not be yours to claim and I doubt for her to die by natural causes will satisfy you, but perhaps you desire a substitute? There is much left I could do in this world, but I would offer my martyrdom for the sake of my faith and its followers.

In Service to the Divine Blood Stars,

Severina Erickson
Duchess of Belianzi's Breath
Margravine of Nifelhold
Priestess of Sanguis Astroism

Letter from Wassgandr Felsenbach

(Personal message to Severina Erickson) - 3 days, 1 minute ago

Priestess Severina,

Your attempts to dissuade me from closing down the final temple of the stars are futile. The church's aggression against the Ascendancy was the initial spark, and now it is time for the church to face the consequences, at least within the Ascendancy.

Furthermore, the temple serves as the last impediment to the full conversion of the Ascendancy's territories. Given your openly hostile stance toward Lux Nova, leaving the temple intact poses a risk of it becoming a religious weapon against my people. Such vulnerabilities cannot be tolerated within the Ascendancy.

Considering the various deceptions and maneuvers the church has employed, your words alone lack the credibility needed for trust. The bolstering of temple guards in Giask has not gone unnoticed. However, it should be clear that without the people's support, these guards are insufficient to thwart my forces.

Actions speak louder than words, and until the church demonstrates a change in its approach, trust remains elusive.

Wassgandr Felsenbach
Heliacal, Empyreus of Luria Nova
Royal of Luria Nova
Duke of Eternal Radiance
Margrave of Askileon
Marshal of the Novan Wrath"

One day the blood of the martyrs shall cry out from the earth, and the tyrants and apostates shall tremble. 

In Service to the Divine Blood Stars,