Author Topic: Relaunch ?  (Read 14107 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Relaunch ?
« Reply #30: August 06, 2011, 05:42:07 PM »
Concerning background stories, do we have one?
Else i'd suggest this other world to be 'higher' closed dimension which if you partly control (council stones)  grants you extra power bonuses and once fully controled, as a grand finale, perhaps you can open a portal an step into the normal world.(beluaterra?:P)
Only from the 'human' world can all other dimensions be reached, like the abbys.
 Offcourse it will take allot of effort to reach such grand goal.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #31: August 06, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »
Concerning background stories, do we have one?

Yes. Most of it will have to be discovered.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 06, 2011, 10:01:16 PM »
Well I'm excited.  Why don't you all start drawing up some character ideas/sheets, maybe even see who you might want to ally yourselves with.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #33: August 06, 2011, 10:54:35 PM »
wait until I've written up a bit about the background, as that will strongly influence character decisions...

I promise it won't be boring...

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 07, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
I certainly may be interested. Will need to here a bit more about it first but we'll see.

Also what sort of time investment is this type of game?

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 07, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
I do believe I must say I'm In. It sounds ultra interesting especially done on a forum.
Forbes Family

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #36: August 08, 2011, 02:54:47 PM »
A short update:

I've selected two GMs and we are working on the background. Things will heat up pretty soon. Stay tuned.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 09, 2011, 12:29:30 AM »
I've never played a game like this before (BM is the only internet game I've played for an extended period) but I must say it all sounds pretty awesome and I would certainly like to sign up.

However I do have one question: what is the relation between game time and real time? What I mean is, if we are only able to post in the evening on certain days would that mean our characters would be unable to do anything as it would be nearly nightfall or would we be able to post as if it were earlier in the day (as long as that did not conflict with what had already been posted earlier of course)?

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 09, 2011, 12:36:04 AM »
As with all games you can play at whatever pace you want (although here you won't be penalized).  If you have to interact with someone else a conversation can be placed outside of time.  *note - You have to give enough time for anyone else in the area to join in (a day or two) before it is 'outside of time'.  Once outside of time you can RP your character having left and doing other things and could reference things as they become relevant.  If you're doing battle or some such you might want to wait, or you could do something that depends not at all upon the outcome.