Author Topic: Fame: points in the beginning of a family?  (Read 17184 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Fame: points in the beginning of a family?
« Reply #45: September 28, 2011, 02:17:57 PM »
Or perhaps the fame point doesn't apply to adventurers? Think about t for a second. Adventurers are commoners, not noble. What truly noble family would acknowledge that their family tree contained commoners? Wouldn't that be a logical impossibility? What could a commoner do that could possibly bring fame to a noble family, when that family vehemently denies any such connection exists?

I am 90% certain I once got a fame point for my adventurer dying.

Then again, that advy had recommendations, he just had not used them yet.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

egamma

« Reply #46: September 28, 2011, 03:24:18 PM »
I am 90% certain I once got a fame point for my adventurer dying.

Then again, that advy had recommendations, he just had not used them yet.

Recommendations wouldn't matter.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: September 28, 2011, 03:28:19 PM »
I'm absolutely certain that I got a fame point when my adventurer was executed at least. I don't know how it was with the one that got killed in action before that...
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: September 28, 2011, 06:50:40 PM »
Aha, ok, so it's just not actually as definite as I thought then.  I was thinking, since it was on the Fame Box page, that "Unique Item" gave fame, for definite.

Clearly either it's to do with owning a unique item, not finding one, or it's just an educated guess that isn't actually right ;-)  Either way, not something for the bug tracker.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: September 28, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »
Keep in mind that the Fame Box page is merely a player's "Best Guess" as to what gives fame. It is no more authoritative than any other player's guesses. It is much sexier, though. :P

When Gsklee started Fame Box, he tried to keep it to confirmed fame only. As far as I have seen, it has mostly stayed that way. But even so, although we know that there is a'Trader" fame point, and 3 "Legendary Hero" fame points, the exact details of how you get them may still not be known.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #50: September 28, 2011, 08:07:21 PM »
Keep in mind that the Fame Box page is merely a player's "Best Guess" as to what gives fame. It is no more authoritative than any other player's guesses. It is much sexier, though. :P

When Gsklee started Fame Box, he tried to keep it to confirmed fame only. As far as I have seen, it has mostly stayed that way. But even so, although we know that there is a'Trader" fame point, and 3 "Legendary Hero" fame points, the exact details of how you get them may still not be known.

I'm about 95% certain that I got the trader fame--sold food for 50g/100 profit to a starving City, and got a fame point.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: September 29, 2011, 02:28:09 PM »
I'm about 95% certain that I got the trader fame--sold food for 50g/100 profit to a starving City, and got a fame point.

I'm with you on that. Got a fame point after selling food to starving Wudenkin following the founding of Valhus. To be honest, I thought it was pretty widely known and had been discussed on the wiki somewhere. I guess even with the forum and IRC and everything else, there is still a lot of mystique to fame ;-)

egamma

« Reply #52: September 29, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »
I'm with you on that. Got a fame point after selling food to starving Wudenkin following the founding of Valhus. To be honest, I thought it was pretty widely known and had been discussed on the wiki somewhere. I guess even with the forum and IRC and everything else, there is still a lot of mystique to fame ;-)

It's listed on LemonFame2 but not officially confirmed by Tom, last I checked.