Author Topic: I'm interested, but...  (Read 12797 times)

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: I'm interested, but...
« Reply #15: October 27, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »
My question is how do you tie the game mechanics to what is being posted on the forum?
They are 2 difrent accounts.How you tell these accounts belong to the same person.Would quite nasty if someone decided to play as your character.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 27, 2011, 07:52:34 PM »
My question is how do you tie the game mechanics to what is being posted on the forum?
They are 2 difrent accounts.How you tell these accounts belong to the same person.Would quite nasty if someone decided to play as your character.

Beg pardon?

If you don't want someone to play as your character, don't give them your password.

All the play that matters happens here on the forum, with your forum account clearly visible.  The only thing that happens outside of it is the verification that you can cast the spells you specify in your RPs.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 27, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »
Let me rephrase.How can you tell someone is respecting the numbers on his character page and not just making stuff up?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 27, 2011, 08:39:11 PM »
Let me rephrase.How can you tell someone is respecting the numbers on his character page and not just making stuff up?

You and I can't.  The GMs can.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #19: October 27, 2011, 11:01:34 PM »

Right now you can't. But when the engine is done, it will add a hashsum to a parsed posting and other player can verify that hashsum.