Author Topic: Имперское військо Феувьна  (Read 41945 times)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
On topic, I'm curious about how you came up with Mirovoy Kaznatchey, the Banker title in IVF. Hetman and Yeasul were both Cossack titles and Mirovoy Sud'ya is the Russian name of Justices of the Peace, but I've got no idea what Mirovoy Kaznatchey means.

If your cake looks bigger than mine, I will just stab you with my folk and take your cake.

Worked for Alexander the Great!
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
At least you would have a better reason than half the realms on Beluaterra  :o

Pssh. Hippies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
On topic, I'm curious about how you came up with Mirovoy Kaznatchey, the Banker title in IVF. Hetman and Yeasul were both Cossack titles and Mirovoy Sud'ya is the Russian name of Justices of the Peace, but I've got no idea what Mirovoy Kaznatchey means.

Worked for Alexander the Great!

Couldn't find anything, just made it up by fusionning the justice of the peace title with a translation for treasurer. If I find something better, I'll change that one. Riombara's war declaration (while fully expected) came a little sooner than predicted, and I hadn't worked out all the titles yet by then.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Is that other little city there also going to join the new realm?

It just looks so sad, all alone.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Is that other little city there also going to join the new realm?

It just looks so sad, all alone.

It was supposed to, lol. Fheuvenem is where "Fheuv'n" comes from, after all. The guy might still be on vacation, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
It was supposed to, lol. Fheuvenem is where "Fheuv'n" comes from, after all. The guy might still be on vacation, though.

He's been gone for over a week and hasn't lost his position, so he must have logged on.  ??? Probably just quick-play or something, but yeah.. wouldn't mind that boosting us up in a few turns... ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
He's been gone for over a week and hasn't lost his position, so he must have logged on.  ??? Probably just quick-play or something, but yeah.. wouldn't mind that boosting us up in a few turns... ::)

Indeed, I *know* he has logged on. Might be quick-playing, though. It wouldn't really be in anyone's best interests for him to change his mind after all this time... We are cutting off all the trade routes for his city's food, after all.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Guillaume Chénier
Hetman and Mirovoy Kaznatchey of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na, Senator of Iato, Ambassador of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na

Did I just beat a title length record?

By the way, how was it that Morek changed its name? While BT has historically had a few other realms with medium-sized names, and I have seen medium-sized and long realm names elsewhere, all of BT currently has very short names, making my realm's name 3 times longer than some. I did not intend to troll like this...

Also, does the "change your realm's name" option, the one where the realm's official name must fit in, actually work? Where is that displayed?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Did I just beat a title length record?

he might beat the BM record, but our RL Queen beats everything:

Queen Beatrix's official title is: "Her Majesty Beatrix, by the Grace of God, Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, etc. etc. etc." The triple 'etc.' refers to the title Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld and the following titles formerly borne by the Queen. These being dormant titles, they are retained in the masculine form:
Marquis of Veere and Vlissingen (both in the Netherlands);
Count of Buren, Culemborg and Leerdam (all in the Netherlands), Dietz, Katzenelnbogen and Spiegelberg (all three now in Germany), and Vianden (now in Luxembourg);
Viscount of Antwerp (now in Belgium);
Baron of Breda, Cranendonck, Lands of Cuijk, Eindhoven, City of Grave, IJsselstein and Liesveld (all in the Netherlands), Diest, Herstal and Warneton (all three now in Belgium), Beilstein (now in Germany), Arlay and Nozeroy (both now in France);
Hereditary Lord and Seigneur of Ameland (in the Netherlands);
Lord of Baarn, Borculo, Bredevoort, Geertruidenberg, Hooge en Lage Zwaluwe, Klundert, Lichtenvoorde, 't Loo, Naaldwijk, Niervaart, Polanen, Steenbergen, Sint Maartensdijk, Soest, Ter Eem, Willemstad and Zevenbergen (all in the Netherlands), Bütgenbach, Sankt Vith and Turnhout (all three now in Belgium), Besançon and Montfort (now in France), and Daasburg (now in Germany).
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Viscount of Antwerp (now in Belgium);

This matter shall be decided once and for all in a duel of beerpong.
Ardet nec consumitur.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
By the way, how was it that Morek changed its name? While BT has historically had a few other realms with medium-sized names, and I have seen medium-sized and long realm names elsewhere, all of BT currently has very short names, making my realm's name 3 times longer than some. I did not intend to troll like this...

We asked Tom to do it manually.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Also, does the "change your realm's name" option, the one where the realm's official name must fit in, actually work?
Yes.

Where is that displayed?
Nowhere.

Right now, all it does is make a DB entry storing the "fancy name" for the realm. It never gets used anywhere,
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Nowhere.

Right now, all it does is make a DB entry storing the "fancy name" for the realm. It never gets used anywhere,

Actually, if a realm has specified the long-form name, you can see it in Information > Realm Government. Probably won't get a lot of people stumbling across it, but it's there.

Like this:

This is the structure of your realm and its overall makeup.

The full name of your realm is "Republic of Oritolon". Its short name is "Oritolon".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:22:23 PM by Revan »

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Sooo yeah, we just beat Nothoi in CS.  ::)

8 nobles in 1 army.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:00:45 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Sooo yeah, we just beat Nothoi in CS.  ::)

8 nobles in 1 army.

With a !@#$ty little town, a woodlands and a bunch of poor rurals, as opposed to a big city, a townslands, and rich mountains.

Love it.