Author Topic: Oh, Itaulond...  (Read 15387 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, Itaulond...
« Reply #15: August 11, 2011, 01:08:34 AM »
We've had no particular reason to form an alliance, and Terran disfavors "in name only" alliances. We aren't enemies because, well, we generally get along, we will soon have chances to coordinate and work together, and we are co-signers to several treaties that, as far as we are each concerned, we have not broken (in regards to one another, that is).

Asylon also follows this idea of alliances with real meaning, our alliance with Caerwyn was grandfathered but they did very little for us to want to feel  an affinity with them or even allies... As one can see, who marched for Caerwyn?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 11, 2011, 01:24:01 AM »
Asylon also follows this idea of alliances with real meaning, our alliance with Caerwyn was grandfathered but they did very little for us to want to feel  an affinity with them or even allies... As one can see, who marched for Caerwyn?

Caerwyn dug its own hole. Had they been attacked, D'Hara would have come to their defense one way or another. Had they asked for mediations for peace, we'd have been there.

But they didn't. As much as I hate to see them go, why should we have paid for their arrogance? No point in having them drag us down with them, we have enough problems as it is.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Siren

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 11, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »
We have bigger fish to fry.

I hope you don't mean the Zuma. :) I have noticed Glaumring seems to be grumbling more and more about the Zuma ambassador of late. I don't think Akella would like that very much. Asylon would need about 50 Itaulond seceding to them if they wanted to start that kinda war.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 11, 2011, 05:11:17 PM »
I hope you don't mean the Zuma. :) I have noticed Glaumring seems to be grumbling more and more about the Zuma ambassador of late. I don't think Akella would like that very much. Asylon would need about 50 Itaulond seceding to them if they wanted to start that kinda war.

Glaumring is always planning something, but you can be relatively sure it is not that. Asylon is unlikely to ever go to war with the Zuma Coalition.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 12, 2011, 12:23:37 AM »
Glaumring is always planning something, but you can be relatively sure it is not that. Asylon is unlikely to ever go to war with the Zuma Coalition.

We fight the Zuma? No no, I was going to use the Zuma to attack Terran!  ................................ Joking joking! ;D

We live lives in beautiful lies...

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 28, 2011, 12:38:15 AM »
Who would have thought that so much fail could be squeezed into such a small package 8)

seeing how strongly these forums affect game currently, i would dare to state opposing view, it'lond is basically stabilized and new nobles who would eventually arrive make the whole difference.

of course, if someone reads forums and accepts in advance that he/she shouldn't join, that is the worst influence possible, but in fact anyone who would look for more prosperous career over receiving his 50 gold per week in very stable realm, next rl year, could find surprising opportunities in realm like itaulond.

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 28, 2011, 03:59:16 AM »
seeing how strongly these forums affect game currently, i would dare to state opposing view, it'lond is basically stabilized and new nobles who would eventually arrive make the whole difference.

of course, if someone reads forums and accepts in advance that he/she shouldn't join, that is the worst influence possible, but in fact anyone who would look for more prosperous career over receiving his 50 gold per week in very stable realm, next rl year, could find surprising opportunities in realm like itaulond.

I'm pretty sure Astrum was intent on marching on down there to collect Amandil's head. Itaulond wouldn't be able to stop them if they tried.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Beldragos

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 28, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
There are also several Caerwyn nobility who stuck around in Asylon to take his head too.
Beldragos Family:  Baal Zephon (Madina), Morganna - Adv (Madina), Atrox - Adv (Assassins), Galvenor (Retired), Mephista (Lukon), Luci (Sirion)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 28, 2011, 12:25:03 PM »
all that may be right, but isn't it what we are doing, playing game, trying to achieve something, even against the odds?  :D

i am certain if more players would take some hard game with not so good odds, bm worlds would be much, much more interesting places.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 28, 2011, 03:21:18 PM »
No, they're just trying to crush Itaulond. Actually, let me rephrase: "They aren't trying, because the realm looks so desperate that it might just disappear by itself. If it doesn't, it won't be a threat within the next year, so there's still time enough to clean it up once they hit the 10-nobles mark."
Ardet nec consumitur.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 28, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »
I think there is a lot of opportunity in Itaulond for nobles.  I need a realm in Itau to stabilize my western border but I don't want Amandil in that realm.  Anyone that can overthrow him would likely get immediate recognition from the SA realms.  Well maybe not immediate, but it would be really easy to placate SA.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 29, 2011, 01:04:22 PM »
i believe there is no need to emphasize much that such scenarios falls only into ic game world. you have all time available to develop tension between chars in-game.

in forum like this, however, it is not bad to state generally how new nobles can achieve much in small realms like Itaulond, with some luck, and affect things in whole area in more sensible way than when being part of overly large and established realm.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 29, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »
I don't think much tensions would need to be developed between Itaulond and its neighbors at this point  :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 29, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »
Itaulond doesn't stand much chance of surviving. Not once you understand who runs it, and their contribution to the Astrum/Caerwyn war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 29, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
It is true that all this talk may discourage some players to create characters in Itaulond.

However, in the end, if you want to create a character in some random realm and take it from there; you will. On the other hand, if you want to gather information and choose a realm that will suit you particular desires for this character, you will also do so.

The forum is OOC, and facultative. It would be too restrictive to avoid these comments. It is not an instruction manual, it's more of a slower-paced chatroom.
After all it's a roleplaying game.