Author Topic: Discriminating religion  (Read 6958 times)

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Discriminating religion
« Reply #15: July 10, 2011, 06:17:15 PM »
The recent election of King Nathan in Carelia was heavily influenced by religion, and his crowning resulting in the immediate desertion of a Evangism province.

Though there's a difference between taking your time and never being bothered.

True. I'd say there are probably more people who don't realize the impact than there are people who realize it and can't be bothered though.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 10, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »
Though there's a difference between taking your time and never being bothered.

True. I have characters who could bothered though; it's just that no one has bothered them yet. Considering these are secondary characters at the moment, I'm quite happy with waiting.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 10, 2011, 09:22:06 PM »
True. I have characters who could bothered though; it's just that no one has bothered them yet. Considering these are secondary characters at the moment, I'm quite happy with waiting.

Some times, the advantages of conversion are greater to the convertees than the the converters, so the latter don't bother doing many efforts. I try to convert as many as possible, but really, I often don't have the time & energy & will, and so only bother with those who present an opportunity or for whom it would be otherwise inexcusable not to convert, or those lords and potential lords whose influence could be quite beneficial. Really, in most cases, conversion of lords or lords to be is worth the effort for priest leaders, while most often conversion of knights is only worth the effort for the knights in question.

Not in all cases, not even sure if in the majority of cases, but that is in my opinion the most common case. If there's a pool of unlanded faithful to chose from for the next election bids, there's little incentive to bother with converting knights.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron