Author Topic: Tops and Flops  (Read 24204 times)

Hossenfeffer

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sanguis Astroism - The Bloodstar Phases
Re: Tops and Flops
« Reply #30: March 22, 2011, 06:25:14 PM »
Tops:

1.  The history of the game - in the Fontan-Sirion bickering there have been IC references to grudges formed half a decade ago.  That's real IC feeling, and I don't know of another game to match it. 
2.  The subtle depth to the game - it's deceptive in its apparent simplicity, but the more you play, the more you come to understand how many ways there are to achieve things.
3.  The team nature of the game, in decent realms, at least.  Every character within a realm can contribute to the realm's success as a whole.

Flops:

1. Religion has very little to offer nobles for the most part.  Being religious was the default in the middle ages, the vast majority of peasants and nobles alike believing that the intercession of the priesthood was a necessity for the salvation of their immortal souls.  That's a pretty potent offering compared to 'a monthly fee you have to pay'.
2. Oaths.  The relationship between lords and knights is still too tenuous, when it should be the most important  relationship in the game.
3. Too Much Peace.  I understand this is being changed though, so I'm happy to wait and see.