Author Topic: Dynasties web game, looking for PHP/jquery dev  (Read 12480 times)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Dynasties web game, looking for PHP/jquery dev
« Topic Start: August 08, 2011, 11:48:27 PM »
I'm working on a browser based game written in PHP with jquery/ajax and a little JSON.  I'm looking for anyone with some PHP and jquery skill who can lend a hand.

It is inspired by Game of Thrones and Crusader Kings.  Its working title is Dynasties.

The game that I envision is set a generation after the fall of the last king.  Minor houses are the centers of power, and this is where the meat of the game lies.  Each player will take on the role of a House.  You don't so much control each character as much as you guide the entire House, seeking to gain influence, vassals and power, and perhaps eventually declare a King.  Characters age and die, and new characters are born.  Marriages can be controlled for the most part by the players, and Houses will offer their daughters to the sons of other houses in order to form bonds and alliances.  There will be some military and warfare element, though it is NOT a wargame, and I don't envision it being possible to take over the land, RISK style.

Please message me if interested.

(Note that this is not a paying gig)
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dynasties web game, looking for PHP/jquery dev
« Reply #1: August 09, 2011, 06:21:34 AM »
What have you got so far?

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 09, 2011, 06:33:43 AM »
Only some groundwork thusfar.  A solid foundation, but far from playable.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 10, 2011, 10:08:06 PM »
I made a fair bit of progress, and there's actually something to log onto now, though still not what I'd call playable.  I'm working to get some of the family actions built.

http://www.dixieandtheninjas.net/dynasties/

Currently it lets you register and login.  It builds out your family.

There's a forum as well.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 11, 2011, 01:35:03 AM »
Jerm, you're not DEAD :). I might have some time to help you out in a month or so.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #5: August 12, 2011, 05:29:08 AM »
Looks good. I'm the Kusorov family. Hope this game is good when you're finished.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 13, 2011, 08:52:22 AM »
This looks awesome! As a fan of Game of Thrones, and Battlemaster, I think this is hearty home-style meat and potatoes for me. I particularly like the idea of controlling a House instead of character(s) individually: makes it very political, and I especially like that you're incorporating marriage as a political game mechanic. Very promising and I'd love it if I could help, but alas, I know PHP not, only a little bit of Python.

Good working title too; very appropriate and catchy.

I've registered. My House is Redfield, and my current patriarch is Galvarium.

The only odd thing about it so far is seeing character ages out to three decimal places.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 13, 2011, 09:43:47 AM »
It just tells me something has gone wrong when I try to log in. Others don't have that problem?

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 13, 2011, 10:33:06 AM »
It just tells me something has gone wrong when I try to log in. Others don't have that problem?

Having the same problem.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 13, 2011, 11:10:05 AM »
I had that problem. Til I entered for my username, my email address.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Yes, it wants your email to login. I'll have to make that more clear.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
And fixed.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I set up a marriage, I assume it was with a AI-family. Nothing much happened after I proposed it, but I assume the game is still in a very early stage. Looks cool anyway  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I believe they are real families. I recognize the family names ;) I just send out marriage proposals, including the Cuvelier Family, but I don't think it's working yet.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I believe they are real families. I recognize the family names ;) I just send out marriage proposals, including the Cuvelier Family, but I don't think it's working yet.

Yup, I see them, but the game does nothing when I hit except. It also just gives numbers, instead of names. But it's already something!
Ardet nec consumitur.