Author Topic: Locked Out of 3rd Noble  (Read 12215 times)

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Locked Out of 3rd Noble
« Reply #15: August 10, 2011, 09:59:19 PM »
After you unpaused him, did you actually play the character? If you don't play the character, they will immediately autopause again.

I spent 16 + 4 or 5 hours before he autopaused.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 11, 2011, 03:55:33 AM »
After you unpaused him, did you actually play the character? If you don't play the character, they will immediately autopause again.

This explains Tom's character in OT unpausing and autopausing again a few hours later earlier today. Thanks!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 11, 2011, 12:25:55 PM »
There's something buggy with the code. A guy just joined us, did civil work and sent me a message, and was then auto-paused for inactivity.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 11, 2011, 03:53:07 PM »
My adventurer repaused himself again while I slept last night. What makes it even weirder is that there hasn't been a turn run since I played him last. I'm also still limited to 3 nobles.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 11, 2011, 10:40:52 PM »
This may be clouding the issue, but before the new nobles system (based on fame and medals), one had to make your personal info visible to all in order to get the third character. This does not seem to be the case anymore, but it was a good system.

Has there been any coding relating to this recently?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 12, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »

Lately, a  knight unpaused and joined us. He did civil work and wrote, and then got auto-paused right after. He unpaused again, recruited a unit and wrote a letter, and then got auto-paused right after again.

There's clearly a bug here.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 12, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »
There clearly was, but it may have gotten fixed with the changes Tom and I have been making the past few days.

Did you notice any further bogus autopausings today?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 12, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »
There clearly was, but it may have gotten fixed with the changes Tom and I have been making the past few days.

Did you notice any further bogus autopausings today?

Yes, today. Between the last turn change and now.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 12, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »

My advy autopaused again last night between the turn changes.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 12, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »
The bogus autopauses should not happen for the next week, at the least.  We have implemented a temporary manual fix, and are looking for the underlying cause.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 13, 2011, 02:29:57 AM »
The bogus autopauses should not happen for the next week, at the least.  We have implemented a temporary manual fix, and are looking for the underlying cause.

Awesome!

Have you been able to make any progress on the locked noble slot issue?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 15, 2011, 12:00:29 AM »

Knight paused   (14 hours, 59 minutes ago)
Sir Zul'Jin II Stormreaver (Knight of Pequad) has been auto-paused due to inactivity.

Unless the Forum timestamp isn't what I think it is, your fix didn't work.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 15, 2011, 02:32:04 AM »
Sir Zul'Jin II Stormreaver (Knight of Pequad) has been auto-paused due to inactivity.

Ooh...this gives me some interesting data.

1) Did Zul'Jin unpause, arrive on the continent, or do anything similar since the time when I posted the message?

2) If he unpaused, when did he pause?

Also, this prompted me to look at the recorded access-time data, and apparently Beluaterra is experiencing the problem at a drastically higher rate than Dwilight.

We have advanced to new and surprising levels of bafflement here.
Timothy Collett

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 15, 2011, 02:33:40 AM »

Oh.  Also, I have fixed poor Zul'Jin so he doesn't re-pause.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 15, 2011, 03:36:43 AM »
Oh.  Also, I have fixed poor Zul'Jin so he doesn't re-pause.

Do you still need me to look up these details you asked for?