Author Topic: Searching for Sages and Wizards  (Read 35158 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Sages and Wizards
« Reply #30: August 11, 2011, 11:19:18 AM »
By that, I assume he means the name and the description would allow me to follow Tuhk Taruk across the continent if I chose. And perhaps there are other Tuhk Taruks, but knowing this one is double bearded can help me tell the difference.

Noticed something else:

"You do not have all of these, so he shakes his head and tells you there is nothing he can do. Maybe if you could acquire them, before the omens change?

That used to say, "Maybe if you could acquire them, within the hour?" That implies he will require the same items for some time, however long the omens last for (perhaps a season?), rather than them changing as soon as he leaves the region. Is that the way it used to work? If the sage changed regions, the items he wanted changed too?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 11, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »
you think? By my estimates, most of them are good for months before they need repair.

If I understand correctly, the older an item is, the faster it deteriorates?

The armor I was quite fond of, that passed from one character to the next as he died, did not need many repairs at first, when it was a +1 new item. When it was +8 with +10% infiltration, though, then it needed to be repaired all the time.

New items bring so little reward that one may as well just let them break apart and get the next one that props up, whereas old items deteriorate so fast that their rewards aren't worth it anymore.

Heh. I was agreeing with you. If items became unusable at 0% durability instead of turning to ash and blowing away, then adventurers might have more repairing to do.

I thought you meant them needing constant repairs was giving more work to advies.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 13, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »
Does anyone have a name for a sage and his location in Dwilight near Caerwyn? I want to start tracking them in that area of the island.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 13, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »
Appears to be a bug with the new sages. When I tried to repair a unique item, I clicked the link and it came up with something like, "Who were you trying to look for, exactly?"

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #34: August 13, 2011, 08:02:03 PM »
If I understand correctly, the older an item is, the faster it deteriorates?

The armor I was quite fond of, that passed from one character to the next as he died, did not need many repairs at first, when it was a +1 new item. When it was +8 with +10% infiltration, though, then it needed to be repaired all the time.

New items bring so little reward that one may as well just let them break apart and get the next one that props up, whereas old items deteriorate so fast that their rewards aren't worth it anymore.

I thought you meant them needing constant repairs was giving more work to advies.

Put in a feature request or something for reduced damage to the unique item. If it makes the game less fun, then tell the devs. Hopefully they might listen.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 14, 2011, 11:49:07 PM »
Put in a feature request or something for reduced damage to the unique item. If it makes the game less fun, then tell the devs. Hopefully they might listen.

My memory might serve me wrong, but I thought I saw this already.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: August 16, 2011, 03:57:11 PM »
Has anyone seen if the sages and wizards move with turn changes or on their own?
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 16, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »
Yes older items need more repairs.

Personally I find having items quite neat, they really need a lot of efforts to be repaired only when they are very powerful (read: prestigious and old), and I don't mind generally spending 50 gold on a new one. It's something nice to have after all, and +10% to some skill can be useful. I carried along a weapon +10% oratory wondering what the hell could be it good for and then the ambassador class came :p

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 16, 2011, 08:00:49 PM »
Yes older items need more repairs.

Personally I find having items quite neat, they really need a lot of efforts to be repaired only when they are very powerful (read: prestigious and old), and I don't mind generally spending 50 gold on a new one. It's something nice to have after all, and +10% to some skill can be useful. I carried along a weapon +10% oratory wondering what the hell could be it good for and then the ambassador class came :p

Simply: Do what I say and listen to me, or I stab you? :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: August 16, 2011, 08:13:06 PM »

Sounds like a variation on the old adage "talk softly and carry a big stick".  ;D

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: August 16, 2011, 10:37:10 PM »

It's a club, so even better. no stabbing but beating up :P

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: August 19, 2011, 10:19:56 AM »
Met my first wizard with the new system. Apart from him having a nifty title things doesn't have changed much how he actually works:

Meet with Chrealtenth... - the Keeper of the Secret of Dawn Wizard.

Actual encounter looked like before:

Rumours and your adventuring experience have led you to a wizard, one of the reminders of ancient times, when magic was strong. He is one of the few remaining mortals capable of shaping magic and casting spells. Most importantly for you, however, he can bind his spells into magic scrolls, which even those unfamiliar with magic can use.

Fair warning: Some scrolls are not yet implemented, you can buy them but you can not yet use them.

He can write the following scroll(s) for you, in exchange for some items that he needs for his studies:

Scroll of Splash of Acid

And here are the items he asks for in exchange (regardless of which scroll he writes):

3x Wooden Statuette
    1x Piece of Amber
    3x Antlers
    2x Wootz
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: August 19, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
Items do have their uses.  Like when you want to get to 50 prestige and you don't want to wait longer :)  Its true but I jest slightly.  The prestige bonus is kind of whatever except for that scenario so the only tangible worth is the % skill bonus.  That bonus can be pretty sweet once you upgrade something a few times and/or getting multiple items with bonuses.  I play a great adventurer on EC who repairs an unholy amount of items for an entire realm and one of his customers has two items that give a total of 26% bonus to Oratory, very handy for Heroes and Priests me thinks.

What skill bonuses have you seen? I've only seen Oratory and Trading and now I've heard of Infiltration.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: August 19, 2011, 03:16:05 PM »
Items do have their uses.  Like when you want to get to 50 prestige and you don't want to wait longer :)
I got the 50 prestige fame with an item.  The +8 Prestige Brilliant Guard of the Dragonslayer.

What skill bonuses have you seen? I've only seen Oratory and Trading and now I've heard of Infiltration.
Top 40 Prestige Unique Items
The items on that list include bonuses to every single one of the skills.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: August 19, 2011, 04:41:35 PM »
Is there any way at all to have the unique items wiki pages automatically update their prestige levels as the item grows? It's a bit unrealistic to think people are going to manually do it for every item in the game.