Author Topic: Searching for Sages and Wizards  (Read 35428 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Sages and Wizards
« Reply #60: August 29, 2011, 04:19:37 PM »
Lupa Lapu, Toprak Minor, Dwilight. There's a clubfooted sage in there.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster

Beldragos

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: August 30, 2011, 01:01:23 AM »
Today an Adventurer player send out an OOC message about an apparently broken sage.  I tried to pass on the message via the Bugtracker but it would not let me log on or even create an account.  I figured I would come here and paste the message since this is my only other chance to do so.

Out-of-Character from runnak   (19 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in "Hunters of Dwilight" (18 recipients)
Lol what a lame bug

I find a sage in Itau, he sais he can repair stuff for a thief's hand. I have the item i have the hand. When i click repair it sais.

"Cannot find that sage" -_-

Maarten Cornelis
Beldragos Family:  Baal Zephon (Madina), Morganna - Adv (Madina), Atrox - Adv (Assassins), Galvenor (Retired), Mephista (Lukon), Luci (Sirion)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #63: August 30, 2011, 09:12:24 AM »
also fixed now. thanks.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #64: August 30, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »
How long are sages/wizards supposed to stay in one area? I've been in the same area as this wizard for at least a week now.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #65: August 30, 2011, 11:54:09 PM »
How long are sages/wizards supposed to stay in one area? I've been in the same area as this wizard for at least a week now.

it depends... there's no fixed time.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: September 05, 2011, 07:31:16 AM »
They seem to be much harder to find now. I haven't seen a single one aside from the one I found right after the changes went live, almost a month ago. Before I would have seen at least four or five in that time.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #67: September 05, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
There was also a bug that made it even harder to find them. I fixed that yesterday, so it should be quite a bit easier now (bug fixed and a few more sages).

Madmonk77

• Knight
  • tiki tiki on the rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Rock-Soft
« Reply #68: September 05, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »
For me, its nearly impossible to find a sage now. I found one and then he dissapeared after I repaired one item, and I had 2 to repair!

Are we supposed to not be able to repair our different items with the same sage?
Nico.-

"What else can happen when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?" -- Used to be the player of Vats family. Now I'm the player of Vlad family.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #69: September 05, 2011, 06:22:55 PM »
Sometimes he will stay, sometimes he will leave.

And again, please check the area now, your experiences for the past week or two were tainted by a bug that made it much more difficult to find a sage than it should have been.

Madmonk77

• Knight
  • tiki tiki on the rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Rock-Soft
« Reply #70: September 09, 2011, 01:57:43 AM »
The thing is that in a region A they told me they saw "Pericles" passing by, but when I check the surrounding regions there is no "Pericles" around and when I go back to the region A they still say the same to me, and clearly "Pericles" is not around anymore...

Another thing in another region B: I repaired one of my items with "Shirari", after that she disappeared, after that I get the message that "Shirari" was seen passing by, again I check all the surrounding regions and far beyond too and there is no "Shirari" around, later on I return to the region A and the same message is still there but there is no "Shirari" nowhere...

It's kind of frustrating to me.
Nico.-

"What else can happen when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?" -- Used to be the player of Vats family. Now I'm the player of Vlad family.

egamma

« Reply #71: September 09, 2011, 02:33:08 AM »
The thing is that in a region A they told me they saw "Pericles" passing by, but when I check the surrounding regions there is no "Pericles" around and when I go back to the region A they still say the same to me, and clearly "Pericles" is not around anymore...

Another thing in another region B: I repaired one of my items with "Shirari", after that she disappeared, after that I get the message that "Shirari" was seen passing by, again I check all the surrounding regions and far beyond too and there is no "Shirari" around, later on I return to the region A and the same message is still there but there is no "Shirari" nowhere...

It's kind of frustrating to me.

How are you checking, exactly?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #72: September 09, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »
Uh, actually, there was a bug in the code. Sorry for that. The message was misleading so far, it is correct now.

Also please note that sages and wizards often travel a lot slower than nobles, not having horses and stopping at small villages along the way to chat with the peasants, or to meditate in a caves. It can take several days for them to arrive at their next destination. As long as you get that "passed through recently" message, they are at most one region away.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: September 12, 2011, 01:05:46 AM »
Where is this "passed through recently" message found? I still have not found a sage or wizard though I did hear of two near Itau (Dwilight) but they where gone before I made it there.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: September 13, 2011, 03:21:51 AM »
Is this a message about a Sage too?

You hear rumours that Sniss passed through here recently.

Because there is no one called Sniss at Dwillight...
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."