Author Topic: Community Manager Attention List  (Read 8056 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Community Manager Attention List
« Topic Start: March 27, 2011, 07:27:15 AM »
Alrighty everyone, here's your friendly Community Manager for another thing to (hopefully) make everyone's life easier.  One thing I've been noticing (on a few feature requests and mentoring improvement ideas and such) is that at some point the feature request is fleshed out or ideas are developed to the point where it either needs dev action or rejection.

So, since my job as Community Manager is to act as sort of a filter to make sure the devs don't get overwhelmed with stuff, when you think your feature request is fleshed out, or the idea needs the eye of someone on the dev team, post here with a link to the thread in question and a brief summary of what you want looked at.

This way, I won't feel guilty if I stop obsessively following every topic on this forum because everything will still get done.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Community Manager Attention List
« Reply #1: April 07, 2011, 06:22:55 PM »
Change to Mentor Position

• Remove the Mentor subclass.
  • Make mentoring an option selectable by any character in the realm that has been playing the game for more than 6 months. (Too long? Maybe 3 months? Anyway, more than 30 days.)
  • Allow rulers to appoint official mentors for the realm.
  • Create a Newbie Corner (probably with a different name...) on the forum dedicated to basic game play questions, geared specifically at new players. All new players should get an IG message to go there and ask questions.
  • Mentors who receive too many bad reviews from the students should be removed from the Mentor program.
  • Some way to encourage more mentor/student communications. Maybe put the Mentor/Student channel options at the top of the Messages screen, possibly highlighted in a separate colored box, with some explanatory text directing the to ask questions of their mentors? Also, put a link to the forum Newbie Corner there, too.

To this I would also add the ability for appointed mentors to set an automatic message that is sent to the student after they join a particular realm.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 07, 2011, 07:59:11 PM »

Brought up for discussion with Tom and the devs.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 08, 2011, 12:11:37 AM »
To improve and support Ducal level playing and ducal orientated Politics, we should be able to hold ducal referendums, between all nobles or all lords, just like there are referendums for the entire realm.
(I heard a rumour there is recently already added such a feature?)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 08, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »
Add "sponsored goodies". Enable players to send a gift to another player in the form of a donation towards a few weeks of goodies. You can buy many weeks for your 4th character while many players are without the means of donating.
Doing so will
1) Finance the game
2) Create more characters
3) Make both parties happy  :D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 08, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »
To improve and support Ducal level playing and ducal orientated Politics, we should be able to hold ducal referendums, between all nobles or all lords, just like there are referendums for the entire realm.
(I heard a rumour there is recently already added such a feature?)

Will discuss, but the problem with this is that then people would want referendums on a lot of different levels (guild, message group, etc) which may or may not be practical.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 08, 2011, 09:46:06 PM »
Add "sponsored goodies". Enable players to send a gift to another player in the form of a donation towards a few weeks of goodies. You can buy many weeks for your 4th character while many players are without the means of donating.
Doing so will
1) Finance the game
2) Create more characters
3) Make both parties happy  :D

Tom is interested given some minor tweaks to the suggestion, the thread talking about it is now on the Feature Request board.

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 11, 2011, 12:54:21 PM »
Hello Bedwyr,

As far as I know, you have already read the idea.
But I would like to know what the dev team thinks about it.
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,263.0.html

Is a cult or subgroup within a religion a good idea?
if not why?
if it is a good idea, what points aren't clear or aren't used, and of course when can we see it in-game(tomorrow, this year, next year, soon(tm), ever )?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 11, 2011, 06:25:03 PM »
Hello Bedwyr,

As far as I know, you have already read the idea.
But I would like to know what the dev team thinks about it.
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,263.0.html

Is a cult or subgroup within a religion a good idea?

I think so, and we're discussing religion overhaul right now, with cults slated as the next thing to be discussed.

if it is a good idea, what points aren't clear or aren't used, and of course when can we see it in-game(tomorrow, this year, next year, soon(tm), ever )?

The points that aren't clear at this point will basically need to be resolved by Tom, arguments for and against things like who gets to declare a cult and who gets to declare a schism are in the thread, but Tom is the only one who can really decide that stuff.  As for when...Ever is the only safe answer, as though I'm personally going to push for this year, I have to talk one of the actual coders into doing it, and my powers of persuasion have limits (need to work on that Oratory skill, I guess).

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 11, 2011, 07:37:54 PM »
Will discuss, but the problem with this is that then people would want referendums on a lot of different levels (guild, message group, etc) which may or may not be practical.

Apart from message groups i don't see why guilds/religions too can't have referendums.
Ducal referendums are most potential thou, it makes allot of ducal identification amongst knights if they feel they have something to say or directly influence it's politics.
I've been trying to achieve it since Madina was founded but it is very hard without referendums or other ways in which knights can influence or benefit the duchy directly.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 11, 2011, 07:39:51 PM »
Apart from message groups i don't see why guilds/religions too can't have referendums.
Ducal referendums are most potential thou, it makes allot of ducal identification amongst knights if they feel they have something to say or directly influence it's politics.
I've been trying to achieve it since Madina was founded but it is very hard without referendums or other ways in which knights can influence or benefit the duchy directly.

It's a practical limit (how difficult to code and how much time to spend coding that vs other stuff) as opposed to any belief that they would be bad for the game.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 24, 2011, 11:14:07 PM »
Brought up for discussion with Tom and the devs.

Sorry to derail a bit from the purpose of this topic, but as a similar suggestion was just raised in-game, and I couldn't find a conclusion anywhere, I was wondering if there had been anything decided already on the suggestions proposed regarding Mentors?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 25, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »
Not yet.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 21, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »
Hi. I was wondering if there has been any dev opinion on this one.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,326.0.html

There seems to be quite a lot of agreement in there.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 21, 2011, 08:23:04 AM »
If I recall correctly, it's on the "we like the idea but it's very low priority and not as easy as it looks" list.  I'll check just to be sure.