Author Topic: Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams and Nightmares [IC thread]  (Read 6135 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams and Nightmares

The world shook before you, vicious tremors spread like poisonous snakes. The buildings are crumbling, wails everywhere. Flashes of energy are lighting the burning city.. But who is attacking us. What do they want?
"REVENGE SHALL BE MINE!", a voice echoed. . .
"Fight and you will have a swift death! Hide and you will find death sooner or later! Try to escape and you shall find instant death!"
, the dark figure spoke in a hiss. . . . Moments later, the city had been destroyed, bands of survivors busy cooperating and hiding.
But where did those men go? Maybe to attack YOUR city next? They are at the horizon. Will you hide, surrender or fight? You gotta hurry, the darkness is closing in on fast!

USEFUL LINKs:

1. Bulbapedia
2. OOC Thread
3. Rules
4. Starters

CHARACTERS

1. Ronaldo Messi (played by Sonya)
2. Gary Oak Jr. (played by Ketchum)
3. Hiro Watari (played by D'Espana)

SUs are Open! Only 7 spots left!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:03:42 AM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
PLOT

The vision fades to 15 years ago. . . A boy leaves New Bark Town on an errand for Professor Elm . A red-haired boy steals one of Elm's three Pokémon, and challenges him as the boy's journey across Johto continues. A revived Team Rocket from Kanto, using plans formulated three years prior, enrages many Gyarados, including a red one, at the Lake of Rage; they then proceed to take over the Goldenrod Radio Tower in a desperate attempt to contact Giovanni . When they are defeated and Giovanni fails to return due to Celebi's intervention, the interim leader, Archer, vows to never again re-form Team Rocket. The boy continues to gather Johto's Badges, eventually gaining all eight and traveling to the Pokémon League at Indigo Plateau in Kanto, later to defeat the current Champion and get into the Hall of Fame.
But his most notable effect on Johto lied in his ability to encounter all three of the legendary beasts , as well as summon the Unown, Lugia and Ho-Oh after their long absence. A new chapter in theregion's history begins. . . .

15 years have passed. The boy, or as his name was in the Hall of Fame, Ethan helped the Pokémon Rangers and Professors to bring peace and tranquility to Johto and revive and revitalise the region. Under his efforts and guidance, pokemon from other regions were bred and released into the wild. Foundations of a Safary Zone, Observatory, Museum, etc were made and trade flourished. Johto was booming. Seeing his dream come true, he left for Mt. Silver to face the Greatest Trainer of All Time, Red (or Ash), but was never heard from again.. Not in 5 years. . . . .

In the meanwhile, one young man watched over the world. His name was Aerion.. Most importantly, he was the son of Giovanni. Mad at his father's dissapppearance, mae at Archer's betrayal, mad at the worthlessness of Team Rocket, the silent warrior left off with a few loyal Rockets, ones that would lay down their life for him. Hiding from the world and other Rockets, they and their pokemon began the unimaginable training and technological advancement. . . .
Ofcourse Johto was too busy with itself.

From the ashes of Team Rocket.. Rose the unbeatable Team Neo. Led by the vengeful Aerion.. They are waiting for the perfect moment to strike at the heart of Johto.. And claim what is rightfully theirs. Can anybody stop this madness? Or will Johto burn in the fires of rage? Will Ethan ever return?The Nights begin. . . .
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:31:12 AM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
CHAPTER ONE

New Bark Town

The town where the winds of a new beginning blow. Ethan's mother lives here. Professor Elm Jr.'s laboratory lies right next to the western entrance into New Bark Town. Professor Elm Jr. works at his laboratory with his aide, usually doing experiments concerning Pokémon Eggs and breeding.

POKEMON
Only your starter.

What you may, may not and must do:
- You must travel in New Bark Town.
- You must receive your starter Pokémon.
- You may have as many posts as you wish in New Bark Town.
- You may not interact with other roleplayers here, you all arrive at different times.

Route 29

Route 29 is a route in southern Johto, connecting New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City. The southern part of Route 46 can also be accessed from this route.

POKEMON

COMMON:

UNCOMMON

Route 46

Route 46 is a route in eastern Johto , connecting Route 45 and Route 29. You can only access the southern part of the route, below the ledges that can be jumped over.

POKEMON

COMMON

UNCOMMON

RARE

- You must travel to Route 29 (Route 46 is optional)
- You may battle with wild pokemon/NPCs
- You may capture any wild pokémon. At the end of your post, keep the pokéball rocking. The GM decides your success.
- You must not battle uncommon/rare pokémon too often.
- You may have as many posts as you wish in Route 29 and 46.
- You must travel to Cherrygrove City

Cherrygrove City

Cherrygrove City is located in south-central Johto. Though the city has no Gym , it is frequently passed through by Pokémon Trainers on their way to Violet City from New Bark Town. There is an off-shore island to the west of the town.
Trainers are unable to reach the island when they first reach the town, due to the fact they are unable to use Surf. Trainers must gain HM03 ( Surf ) in order to access this area.

POKEMON
None until you gain Surf and/or Headbutt.

- You must travel to Cherrygrove City
- You may have as many posts as you like here.
- You may visit the Pokémon Center and Mart to heal your pokémon and replenish your supplies.
- You must wait for the GM to post the next chapter before venturing into Route 30.
- Major Warning.. Don't buy drugs (iron, calcium, protein, etc.). You can't afford them.

END OF CHAPTER
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:54:42 AM by Cren »

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
IT ALL BEGINS!!!

I remembered black skies,
The lightning all around me. . .
I remembered each flash, as time began to blur.
Like a startling sign, that fate had finally found me. . .

I'm running and I feel times running out,
There were twelve of us, we're down to seven now.
I'm fearing exhaustion...
The temperature is dropping down, is anybody with me now. . .
Something was written, they tried to erase us.
Now that they govern here to contain us.
Bodies were lifted Well past the stages. . .
Are we over. . . .
I want my family
Thirty seven hours now, the whole world's rearranging. . .
My live heartbeat's changing.
This isn't me now This wasn't me!
We're not getting out.
So much for getting out, built up the walls and left us for ruins.

THEME SONG: Linkin Park- 'New Divide' and Searchlight- 'Contagious'
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:05:35 PM by Cren »

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Hiro opened his eyes, and gave a long sigh as he realized that another day had already begun. Another boring, meaningless, stupid and !@#$ty day, pretty much as all the rest. Getting up from his too small bed, that he had been using for several years, he stretched, and absent mindedly went to have a shower. The cold water made him to awake suddenly, cursing loudly. Fifteen minutes later he was already dressed at the kitchen, having a light breakfast as usual. Or, not that usual. He picked a small candle and placed it on top of his sandwich, lighting it and staring at it until it was completely consumed. He did not seem to notice that the wax had spread all over his sandwich, and with a half smile whispered quietly:

- Happy birthday, Hiro.

He did not felt particularly excited for having just turned 17, as in all his previous birthdays. Why be excited, if there are no friends, family or presents awaiting for you? Especially family...

He stood up and left the kitchen, not cleaning up the remnants of his breakfast. Instead, he entered the lounge, and looked at the picture of his parents. He always felt weird when doing so, not knowing if he liked doing it or not. He picked it up, trying to guess where their parents could be right now. Perhaps in a global meeting of researchers? Investigating a cave or some ruins? Tracking down some rare species of Pokémon?

It did not really matter. The important thing was that (again) they had completely forgotten his birthday. No letters, no little details for him, nothing at all. Not only were they away almost all the time, with only sporadic visits of a few days every several months, but they were also incapable of greeting him in his birthday. With a grunt, he started gripping stronger the picture frame, only stopping when he heard the glass creaking. He looked at it again, this time feeling the rage growing in his chest, and let it fall to the ground, breaking the glass. Only stopping to pick up his cap, he left his house, and picked his bike to start riding towards New Bark Town.

It was not that far away, as he lived at the very same outskirts of the town, but making it by foot could take more than twenty minutes if walking lightly, something he did not felt like doing. He was riding fast, and would soon arrive to the town. What could he do there? Perhaps intimidate some kids, that always made him to feel better. There was not a single child who had not already suffered at least once his aggressivity, and he was not very liked in the town as a result.

He pulled the brakes as he made the last meters to the western entrance, and enjoyed the sight of the town for some time. It was relatively early and few people were in the streets, and those who were dissappeared quickly from the scene when they noticed that he was looking at them. He let out a quick laughter before his eyes focused on the laboratory, and he suddenly remembered hearing somewhere that Professor Elm Jr. was looking for people to "sponsor" in their debut as Pokémon Trainers. Perhaps some kids were discussing it before he assaulted them, he didn't remember very well.

- Pokémon Trainer, uh? It doesn't sound that bad, and anything is better than looking at the same ugly buildings time and time again. And it's not like someone's gonna miss me at home, so why not? Besides, I think that Ethan earned quite the fame and acknowledgement. It can't be that hard if that idiot has been able to succeed...

Studying the building with avid eyes, he began considering the implications of it, dreaming about a tomorrow in which he would achieve the same, if not more, than the legendary boy. A smile grew in his face, and feeling excited for the first time in years he rode the short distance that separated him from the building, leaving the bike leaning in the wall. He was quite sure that nobody would dare to touch it, and entered the laboratory without any sort of previous warning, almost knocking down the door.

- Professor? Professor? I'm here to become a Pokémon Trainer!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:01:48 AM by D'Espana »
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It is 5am. The sun is still rising. Gary Oak Jr. wake up early today. All the excitement has brewing since the day he receives his letter credentials to ask him to go retrieve his starter Pokemon from Professor Elm. He already has in mind what starter Pokemon he wish to choose. That Yellow Pokemon. Pichu!

His father, Gary Oak Sr. is not at home this morning. He has been called away for Researcher trip again at an unknown location. Sr. will go for trips for months as usual. All the Jr. managed to get out from the Sr. it is something about many Golbats invasion and their recent restlessness.

Arcanine strolls around Gary Oak Jr. as he walks to the table to have his breakfast. Knowing his child excitement, his mum has risen early too. On the table, there is more bread with cheese, his favorite. “Good morning mum” as he munches away the breads. His mum smiles and starts to pack some bread with cheese for his long journey. After he finishes his breakfast, he pats on Arcanine who nudge softly on his leg. Gary Oak Jr. comforts the Fire Pokemon “I will be back later, don’t worry.”

Holding the Tupperware contains his packed food, he kisses his mum and says goodbye. Umbreon, Arcanine and Nidoking look on sadly while he waves.

Another chapter of his journey has begun.

Strutting along the New Bark Town streets, a group of girls are cheering and following Gary Oak Jr. closely. Some of the girls bring along some banners to motivate him. He smiles and waves his hands, eliciting more applause and waving of the banners.

Holding the Tupperware and the letter credential tightly, his heart skips a little as he opens the Professor Elm Jr.'s laboratory door. The girls have to stand outside the laboratory of course; no amount of cheerleading skill will gain them entrance.

After opening the laboratory door, Gary Oak Jr. looks around and is surprise to see the inside. He clearly does not expect all these. It has been a dream come true to step inside Professor Elm Jr.'s laboratory. Now there is another dream of his to be fulfilled. To be the best Pokemon Trainer!

Seeing the numerous Pokemon eggs, Gary Oak Jr. smiles broadly. It occurs to him that he should greet the Professor Elm Jr. first. However he is too dumbstruck by the awesome feeling of being inside Professor Elm Jr.'s laboratory. His first words as he stammers sheepishly, showing his letter credentials “Er…. Hi Professor Elm Jr. I am Gary Oak Jr.”
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
The Professor Diaries: Chapter 1

Prof. Elm. Jr had a tough night.. He shook in his chair as the previous night's visions haunted him. . .

After getting a call from his aide, he flew to Route 45 to see the incident. Literally hundreds of Donphan lay dying, the nurses doing their best to save them. The whole area had been blocked by police officers but being the son of an eminent person like Prof. Elm, as well as already being a well known name in his field of work gained him instant permission.

They checked a blood sample from one of the pokémon. Naturally Donphan's are one of the toughest pokémons, yet they lay in such a state is a surprise to everyone.

"519 ppm of X4N1 detected!", the sample tester came to life. The nurses looked at it in shock as everyone knows that it is the strongest non-lethal neurotoxin ever known. Having such high doses inside the body is way more than the conspiracy theory Officer Jen had proposed.

"Phan.. Pha.. Py!", a Phanpy constantly poked his dead mother. Shaking off the few drops of tears, Prof. Elm Jr. picked the unwilling pokémon. He had a lot to do, he needed to save the dehydrated, hungry Phanpy. . . . .

His visions were obscured by a loud bang of his lab door, someone persistently calling his name. Moments later a lot of girls were heard giggling and cheering someone. Another one started calling his name. He decides to investigate...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:38:40 PM by Cren »

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Chapter 1: This is it!

Leaving his father behind and with a bag of underwear, Ronaldo walks east to the Route 44. Determined about finding his new rival he starts his journey to become a Pokémon trainer, he walks by the town Pokémon Gym when suddenly a man talks to him.

Walking early in the morning? You didn't used to do it Ronaldo.

Ronaldo stops and look the man talking to him, he knows him, is the Gym Leader of town, and have been since Ronaldo even before Ronaldo was born, every kid calls him Uncle Pryce.

Uncle Price, I want you to teach me to use a Pokémon.

That’s rare of you Ronaldo, didn't you prefer soccer?

Ronaldo tells him the reason why he started his journey, Pryce tells him about Pokémon in general, and other stuff.

You must go to New Bark Town, is a good place to learn basic combat guide, also there you can register for the league, a good friend of mine live there and come here to visit, I will send you with him on his truck, he doesn't like to stop, so be warned, once you leave you will not come back here easily.

Don't worry i will be back strong and i will challenge you

Very well!

Ronaldo nods and jump into the truck, now he is on his way to New Bark Town where he will continue his adventures.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Gary Oak Jr. looks around Professor Elm Jr.'s laboratory. Lot of eggs is lying around. He notices Pokedex and Pokeballs on the table. After his letter credentials are confirmed by the Professor. He shakes hands with Professor Elm Jr. as he looks at all the Starting Pokemons on the Professor Elm Jr. screen. Looking excitedly, he tells the Professor of his starting Pokemon choice “I wish to choose Pichu.”

As Professor Elm Jr. briefs him on how Pokedex and Pokeballs works, Gary Oak Jr. smiles as he hold out his hands and touch the Pokeballs gently. As the Professor concludes the briefing, he promises the Professor to take good care of his starting Pokemon and all his future Pokemons. With Pichu is safely stored inside one of the Pokeballs given to Gary Oak Jr., he shakes hands with Professor Elm Jr. and says his goodbye. His journey has begun!

He steps outside the Professor laboratory to the cheering and giggling of the girls. They clearly have been waiting for him. Holding his Pokeball tightly containing Pichu, the girls look at it and they cheer even louder. His face turns a little shade of red blush as he opens his Map.

Looking on his Map, Gary Oak Jr. eyes set on Cherrygrove City and Route 29 that lead to the city, his destination. He walks briskly to Route 29, followed by the girls closely behind. As he left New Bark Town main entrance for Route 29, the girls are waving the banners and cheering his name.

The weather looks fine today. Walking for a while on Route 29, Gary Oak Jr. looks around for Pokemon to catch. It is time to explore the surrounding and look to catch my first Pokemon, he thought to himself.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)