Author Topic: horses?  (Read 18486 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: horses?
« Reply #15: August 15, 2011, 06:36:26 AM »
You mean the Captains that improve our units and earn experience over time, yeah no idea what the real gain might be. Like most the people I RP with, yes we do assume we already have horses, several in fact since I don't like to wear out my powerful war horses while marching to the front, and marching on foot is for peasants.

Horses could provide benefit. And obviously (it should be obvious, but Chenier sez no) you wouldn't be forced to "feed" a horse as if it were an electronic pet. Hell, if it dies, as a noble you can always just get a new one. I'm not proposing anything ridiculous here.

Consider this. Before Captains were introduced, I and many other players I knew roleplayed captains amongst our troops already. Does this make the introduction of them as a game mechanic not a good idea?

Well, captains aren't essential, you can lose one, no big deal. Same with horses. But for those players who like to squeeze every advantage out of their troops, captains are a nice thing to have. For those players who like to cut down on travel time - and get small advantages to leadership akin to characters holding certain Items - horses could be a nice thing to have too.

Especially since we all agree, almost all our characters have horses.

(Although I RP'd a good number of soldiers (my Hero, back in the day) as marching to battle amidst the foot soldiers, just for the sheer badass bonus you get by wading into a melee.)
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova