Author Topic: When is economy?  (Read 8242 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
When is economy?
« Topic Start: August 15, 2011, 04:13:41 AM »
When is the dynamic economy coming online? Regarding region resources? And will they actually have an impact on a realm? I would love to see a kingdom needing metals to forge weapons, or different types of food sources that are better or worse than others. It would give so many more reasons for realms to fight and try and control points of rich resources.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: When is economy?
« Reply #1: August 15, 2011, 04:23:06 AM »
It will have a real impact, but there's no ETA.  Estates, treaties, and possibly a few other things are higher on the list right now.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: August 15, 2011, 05:08:12 AM »
I am guessing traders will actually become more important if they implement this?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 15, 2011, 05:09:36 AM »
Very much so.  Let us consider, if you will, black marketing metal in key regions so that the troops can't get trained...

I, personally, am looking forward to cornering markets for various goods.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: August 15, 2011, 05:11:57 AM »
Me, too indeed.

So regions producing little food can actually be useful. Maybe once they add this, they should also add some kind of bargaining option as well? Which you can develop in an academy?

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 15, 2011, 05:14:10 AM »
When is the dynamic economy coming online? Regarding region resources? And will they actually have an impact on a realm? I would love to see a kingdom needing metals to forge weapons, or different types of food sources that are better or worse than others. It would give so many more reasons for realms to fight and try and control points of rich resources.

I am really looking forward to this one :D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 15, 2011, 05:26:57 AM »
To control Dwilights supply of Salmon will be by ultimate goal!!!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: August 15, 2011, 06:01:10 AM »
I shall control all the supply of mines! :)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 15, 2011, 06:01:44 AM »
Me, too indeed.

So regions producing little food can actually be useful. Maybe once they add this, they should also add some kind of bargaining option as well? Which you can develop in an academy?

You mean like the existing Trading skill that Traders have?  Or something else?

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: August 15, 2011, 06:24:25 AM »
What does the existing trade skill do?

*oh never mind. I just found it. Well I was thinking more about if your trading skill is high enough, you can even get things cheaper even though a lord of a region sets the price to lets say 50 gold per 100 metal pieces.

Like a trader with trading skill of under 20 won't get anything discounted but over 20 under 40 can get things for maybe 5-10% off? 40 - 60 = 10-15%, 60 - 80 = 15-20%, over 80 = 20-30%?

or get more out of it instead of getting discount.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:29:07 AM by Zakilevo »

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 15, 2011, 06:32:24 AM »
Really don't think that will happen.  If you want something like that, then you can use the black market, or actually negotiate with the lord.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 15, 2011, 07:09:43 AM »
What does the existing trade skill do?

*oh never mind. I just found it. Well I was thinking more about if your trading skill is high enough, you can even get things cheaper even though a lord of a region sets the price to lets say 50 gold per 100 metal pieces.

Like a trader with trading skill of under 20 won't get anything discounted but over 20 under 40 can get things for maybe 5-10% off? 40 - 60 = 10-15%, 60 - 80 = 15-20%, over 80 = 20-30%?

or get more out of it instead of getting discount.

So you have a skill to force a PLAYER character to change their price, without them being able to do anything about it? This might work if somehow the Lord still got the full price, except that leaves the way open to exploits. I don't see why if I set the price for food to sell at 20 gold for 100 bushels that my damn staff would be stupid enough to accept 15 gold.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 15, 2011, 09:42:16 AM »
Yes the Overhaul sounds cool. But what effects will it have?

The more important Trade will get, the less people (can) pick the Warrior class. And realms will shrink even more. Do we really want to expand the 'Food Game' even more?

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 15, 2011, 12:24:02 PM »
I hope we don't loose sight of the fact that BM isn't mean to be a heavyweight game. Try and make it manageable  ;)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 15, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
I hope we don't loose sight of the fact that BM isn't mean to be a heavyweight game. Try and make it manageable  ;)

I wouldn't mind a heavy-weight game :) but we musn't forget that some clearly would. I'm still advocating a Battlemaster Light, of sorts.