Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 6187 times)

Zakilevo

Dota 2
« Topic Start: August 15, 2011, 07:14:24 AM »
Anyone excited about this game? They are going to open a tournament in two more days showing game plays and all. The prize will be a million dollars.  :o

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1: August 15, 2011, 08:54:57 AM »
Care to link to that claim? I kinda got into the genre through HoN, but they messed up with F2P & EA.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Zakilevo

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 15, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »
O
M
G
Ardet nec consumitur.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 15, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »
Eh, I would've settled for a new warcraft  :-\. But apparently that won't happen (although I hesitate to say "ever"). Need to get me some starcraft action...

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: August 15, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »
lol Bael you play sc2 ? I don't play the game myself although I played it to beat the missions. I just watch some progames played by boxer and that is pretty much it.

can't wait for Dota 2. I am probably going to dump LoL and play Dota 2 :) my buddies are all geared up for this.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 15, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »
lol Bael you play sc2 ? I don't play the game myself although I played it to beat the missions. I just watch some progames played by boxer and that is pretty much it.

I haven't bought it, would like to.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 15, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »
I haven't bought it, would like to.

They make the zerg feel too fluffy. :(

I wanted to infest everyone, but I got a feeling that won't be happening in Heart of the Swarm.

Also, why are the zerg/protoss hybrids so god damn big? Do things ALWAYS have to be bigger when they are stronger?

My off-topic rant of the day.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: August 15, 2011, 09:30:01 PM »
lol. True. I mean all the bosses are always so big. Starting from the Overmind, Kerrigan at the end of the SC2: WoL. I bet there going to be a big boss in the HoS too.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 15, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »
lol. True. I mean all the bosses are always so big. Starting from the Overmind, Kerrigan at the end of the SC2: WoL. I bet there going to be a big boss in the HoS too.

Yea, wtf @ huge kerrigan.

I thought her power came from her psionics, not her enormous claws that rip tanks into piecs.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: August 16, 2011, 12:17:27 AM »
she was as big as a siege tank or a half sized thor. a freaking monster. rip through my defense line like a butter.

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: August 16, 2011, 01:25:16 AM »
http://dota2.com/trailer

omfg finally a trailer. Can't wait to see the game on wednesday :)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 16, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »
And Wednesday is only tomorrow! Hooray! I need to see gameplay though. Trailer is nice but in this genre I couldn't care less... only thing that counts is gameplay trailer.  ;)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Zakilevo

« Reply #13: August 16, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »
You will see that tomorrow :) heheheheeh

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 16, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »
Can't wait. I hope they put more effort into a decent engine etc. than graphics. Because, really, when playing Dota (read: HoN) everything can go so fast that I can't really bother about graphics that much - not that playing against pixels is fun either. But the main priority should be a decent engine.
Ardet nec consumitur.