Author Topic: Threats of reprimand due to playing speed  (Read 41255 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Threats of reprimand due to playing speed
« Reply #45: August 18, 2011, 06:49:52 PM »
Call it on the IR wiki document then.
I'm basing the IR wholly on it. Not on previous Titan judgements (I don't know them) in similar cases where punishments were (presumably) handed out.

We agree that it needs some revision.  However, what's there makes it pretty damn clear that you can't order, suggest, request, hint, or in any other way indicate that someone should give up their IR.

Nowhere on the IR wiki page does it say that only punishing people who exercise their IR is a violation.  Nowhere does it even suggest it.

This is not up for discussion, either.  Whatever you may think about it, the very act of telling someone to log in at a certain time or not go to a tournament is a violation, and will remain so.

If they accept the gold then they can't later cry IR! since they have clearly forfeited their right to go to tournaments. If they don't accept it then they can simply go and ignore the offer. Just say no!

What part of "inalienable" do you not understand?

No noble can forfeit their right to go to tournaments.

It is an inalienable right, which means it is yours no matter what.  Someone offers you gold not to go to the tournament? Take the gold and go anyway.  Or take the gold and report them anyway.  You have not given up any rights.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan