Author Topic: Threats of reprimand due to playing speed  (Read 40539 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Threats of reprimand due to playing speed
« Reply #45: August 19, 2011, 08:49:28 PM »
Indeed. As then you risk that player having a clique of OOC friends who will back him no matter what against anyone else, even if they realize what he's doing isn't right (which they may not even).

Oh god, the "evil" ooc cliques. They're everywhere, you have to watch out for them or they'll get you! Give me a break. I'm more worried about the IC cliques than the OOC ones. I might just start calling the Cagilan Empire the Cagilan Hegemony just to represent one such IC clique. You even poke Tara, Coria, or CE, and you have the whole shebang gangbanging your sorry ass. I'd much rather fight against my OOC friends than form an unstoppable superalliance with my friends. They make good competition. But this is talking of threats of reprimand due to playing speed, so I will move on to that.

A point I would like to make, the game in and of itself violates IR by autopausing those who do not login after a certain amount of time. Shall we go punishing the devs for coding such a feature into the game? I do love hypocrisy. I'm not saying that autopausing is wrong, just that it violates the very IR we are speaking of.

I also agree with Fury. I am reading the IR as I type this, and it says nothing about Titan powers being used against those who give orders to report everyday or something to that degree. It only says "If you are fined, banned or otherwise punished for "inactivity", or for not having been online at any specific time or day, the Titans will be very happy to counter, so please contact them with information.". So the Titan/Magistrates only come in after the punishment, not before, according to this.