Author Topic: Religions  (Read 42948 times)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
Re: Religions
« Reply #45: March 14, 2011, 06:07:55 PM »
One of the main problems I found when trying to run a religion is just the general lack of interest from other players. Whether that is a failing all my own in not creating a compelling enough religion or just what is seems, a general lack of interest in the religion option, I dont know. Since so much of it is based off roleplay I think I just found it difficult to rally too many players around it.

While I always tried to find a way to fit religion into every aspect of BM life (trying to define why things happened based on the beliefs of the faith), as it were, it becomes difficult to fully develop anything without the interaction of others. And I know other religions do not necessarily have that problem, but at the same time some of the most successful religions I've seen don't really seem to be religions. I forget who it was, but whoever mentioned SA is probably a good example of that, I think. From my brief time in the SA it seemed to be a purely political machine wrapped in a think layer of "We do this because of faith."

Which made for a very interesting group to follow, dont get me wrong, but not a very interesting religion.