Author Topic: Veinsormoot (Split from Luria Nova thread)  (Read 59070 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Veinsormoot (Split from Luria Nova thread)
« Topic Start: August 19, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »
IG/IC, I think my character, the ruler of Astrum, may have heard of it once or twice. But I really don't think he has any idea what it is, or what it stands for, or any idea of its political importance in the south. He's never been contacted by the Veinsormoot, or had any dealings with anyone on behalf of the Veinsormoot.

OOC I know what the Veinsormoot is, and it's public purpose. But IG, I don't think it's really had the penetration that you think it has.

Indeed. Alanna has heard of it, and knows generally that it's a guild somewhere in the west.  She probably even knows that it was Hireshmont who mentioned it.  But she has, first of all, no reason to think that it would be the body to contact to negotiate anything with the west—and second of all, no way of contacting it if she did!  It's a guild, after all, and to contact a guild you have to travel to it.  What ruler is going to trek weeks across the continent just to join a guild they've barely heard of?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan