Author Topic: Lurian News  (Read 56168 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian News
« Reply #60: August 24, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
I'm fairly sure even paused nobles can be banned. And even if they can't, then they can be banned the instant they return.

Paused nobles can be banned.

Unless they're royals.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: August 24, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
Presuming they are banned and Amaury was going north (ie out of the Lurias) as we were trying to force him. He would still be able to be killed off (as some suggested) instead of effectively making him immune to anything until someone loyal to him is a Judge in one of the Luria's that will unban him etc.

Or put it this way:

Waiting until you know the numbers before you play the lottery, whereas everyone else has to take their chances.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: August 24, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »
The moment Amaury reached the PeL border there was nothing you could have done to kill him. Koli was going to accept him in PeL until he had made his way to wherever he decided to go. If the rebels' ultimate goal was to execute him, then they planned it terribly.

And he already has someone loyal to him as Judge. All it takes is one stroke of Mattias' pen and Amaury's ban from LN is gone.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: August 24, 2011, 09:43:07 PM »
The moment Amaury reached the PeL border there was nothing you could have done to kill him. Koli was going to accept him in PeL until he had made his way to wherever he decided to go. If the rebels' ultimate goal was to execute him, then they planned it terribly.

And he already has someone loyal to him as Judge. All it takes is one stroke of Mattias' pen and Amaury's ban from LN is gone.

Koli was not going to accept Amaury into PeL, because then Koli would have faced another Rebellion and a potential war with LN. Or at least thats what Koli was told.

And I hardly call Mattias loyal... and considering that he already said he wouldnt take away the ban for now ;)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: August 24, 2011, 09:50:24 PM »
Letter from Koli Bedwyr   (1 day, 23 hours ago)
Lord Amaury,

I will talk with Count Franz, and we can certainly provide you with a Lurian flag long enough for you to find a new home, at least. Will you be returning to Astrum?
Sir Koli Bedwyr
King of Pian en Luries, Ambassador of Pian en Luries

Mattias' is the most loyal friend Amaury's ever had. How much chance do you think there was of Amaury dying at Mattias' hands if he was caught by LN?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: August 24, 2011, 09:51:17 PM »
Mattias' is the most loyal friend Amaury's ever had. How much chance do you think there was of Amaury dying at Mattias' hands if he was caught by LN?

If he thought that Amaury would be likely to cause more death and chaos in Luria?

Quite a lot, I'd say.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: August 24, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »
Don't be silly. Amaury would've been deported, or failing that, there would have been a spectacular incident right before the execution allowing Amaury to escape unharmed.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: August 24, 2011, 10:16:38 PM »
Don't be silly. Amaury would've been deported, or failing that, there would have been a spectacular incident right before the execution allowing Amaury to escape unharmed.

The fact is your simply pausing to escape any such thing as we in PeL can now not take action against you as we were planning to do anyway.

Instead as you have already said, you are going to wait a few DY and then return as Amaury, instead of dealing with the issues now.

With regards to the unplanned effects Tim caused on Alanna, you have already planned for the effects.

What if I was to seriously injure Amaury in such a way that you would take revenge due to your Blood Fueds as you have stated, and I simply just paused so you couldnt do anything before returning making sure sufficient time has passed that you would have no hope in hell of catching me?

In essence you would say I was powergaming, especially since you are only pausing to make a new character on a 1 character continent until such time as it is 'safe' for amaury to return.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: August 24, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »
Uh, read what it says. Amaury can still be banned while he is paused, and it wouldn't make the slightest difference. When he unpauses the ban will still be in effect, and he will still be right there in Askileon. And your point is moot because Amaury could have walked out of PeL to safety and nobody could or would have lifted a finger. The issue of him being banned would never have come up so long as he made his way to another realm. Hell, he could have walked right through Giask and LN would be powerless to do anything to him.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: August 25, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
So then why the hell did you do it?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: August 25, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »
Not to leave the Lurias, and not to be hanged for it.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: August 25, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
Not to leave the Lurias, and not to be hanged for it.

That is what it looks like to me yes.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: August 25, 2011, 06:16:30 PM »
1. It's not even certain Amaury will ever be back. There's a fair chance his son will simply take up the mantle.
2. IC, there is little to no support out there for Amaury even though it's been declared IC that there were no real grounds for rebellion. Why would he want to stay?
3. If things had progressed IC, he would've escaped without problems. He would've been able to simply remain in PeL until he got a new home, and nobody would've had even the chance to kill him.

It's not my fault you planned so poorly.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: August 25, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »
1. It's not even certain Amaury will ever be back. There's a fair chance his son will simply take up the mantle.
2. IC, there is little to no support out there for Amaury even though it's been declared IC that there were no real grounds for rebellion. Why would he want to stay?
3. If things had progressed IC, he would've escaped without problems. He would've been able to simply remain in PeL until he got a new home, and nobody would've had even the chance to kill him.

It's not my fault you planned so poorly.

1. Then why not kill him off?
2. According to the OOC there was a lot of IC reasons. Tyrants and all that.
3. No he would not be able to stay in PeL, or if he dead we had people in place ready to make sure he wouldnt escape.

How can we plan for OOC stuff?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: August 25, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
Feels like poor sportsmanship. The only reason to pause, is because you hope that the circumstances will change during Aumary's absence. If that would include OOCly persuading people from PeL, I would even call it cheating.