Author Topic: Lurian News  (Read 55878 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian News
« Reply #90: August 27, 2011, 06:00:50 AM »
There were public protests through letters (without having used the game-mechanics protest option, true) before the rebellion. Are you complaining that Amaury was not informed a rebellion was coming? That it should have been hinted at him?

No.  Koli said that formal protests (i.e. the game mechanic) should have been used rather than a rebellion.  He could have been removed that way without starting an armed conflict.

Where did he said that? Not in the Halls of Luria, or in any public channel available for the Novans.

That's because it wasn't a political statement, it was a religious one.  There was a debate on whether rebellion was justifiable, both in general and under these specific circumstances.  Koli's answer, as Prophet of the Manifest Path, was yes and no, respectively.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: August 27, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
Ah, interesting. That is why the rest of us not affiliated to the Manifest Path didn't knew about it.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: August 28, 2011, 03:40:04 AM »
Indeed.  Koli did not particularly want to make a bigger mess than already existed, but he did need to rule on the situation as Prophet.  So, he tried to keep the matter contained within the Path and spoke very clearly in his religious capacity rather than political.  It's not an easy dance, being a Lurian politician.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: August 28, 2011, 04:53:37 AM »
Indeed.  Koli did not particularly want to make a bigger mess than already existed, but he did need to rule on the situation as Prophet.  So, he tried to keep the matter contained within the Path and spoke very clearly in his religious capacity rather than political.  It's not an easy dance, being a Lurian politician.

Like a dance on a bed of nails, more or less.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: August 28, 2011, 12:57:58 PM »
If the nails are king cobras, maybe :o

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: October 20, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »
So, the Nova-Lurian traditionalists were feeling it was time for us to proudly remember our culture, and started trying to protest out King Rickhart.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: October 20, 2011, 09:45:39 PM »
So, the Nova-Lurian traditionalists were feeling it was time for us to proudly remember our culture, and started trying to protest out King Rickhart.

Uhm, no, I doubt that he will be protested out and that isn't the goal, more a really hard wake up poke after not doing his duties for 3-4 weeks. But ofcourse, if you go judge everything that happens in Luria on that way you will easily keep the old "habit's alive.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: October 20, 2011, 09:55:55 PM »
Uhm, no, I doubt that he will be protested out and that isn't the goal, more a really hard wake up poke after not doing his duties for 3-4 weeks. But ofcourse, if you go judge everything that happens in Luria on that way you will easily keep the old "habit's alive.

Heh, I was jk, trying to keep the theme alive.  :P
To be fairly honest LN is not particularly rebellious, compared to other realms I play in, but it did have some bad luck with rulers.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: October 20, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
Down with King Sleepyhead!

Reeebeeeel!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: October 20, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
The Lurias have usurped D'Hara's reputation for rebellions.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: October 20, 2011, 10:36:08 PM »
The Lurias have usurped D'Hara's reputation for rebellions.

Well, first of all, D'Hara was founded by rebels from Luria.

Second of all...D'Hara had a reputation for rebellions? I thought you guys had, like, 2?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: October 20, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
Well, first of all, D'Hara was founded by rebels from Luria.

Second of all...D'Hara had a reputation for rebellions? I thought you guys had, like, 2?

Well, gotta consider the secession from Shadovar as one, which means 3 as far as I can remember. I agree it's not *that* much, but it was apparently enough for the Zuma to describe us as people who rebel. I think others commented in similar manners too, for a while.

After all, most realms haven't had a single rebellion.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: October 20, 2011, 10:45:11 PM »
Well, gotta consider the secession from Shadovar as one, which means 3 as far as I can remember. I agree it's not *that* much, but it was apparently enough for the Zuma to describe us as people who rebel. I think others commented in similar manners too, for a while.

After all, most realms haven't had a single rebellion.

Pfff, if the Zuma knew us Lurians, they would *know* what people who rebel really are!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: October 20, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
Pfff, if the Zuma knew us Lurians, they would *know* what people who rebel really are!

Speaking of which, you totally should start a war of reunification now.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: October 20, 2011, 10:51:17 PM »

Didn't the Zuma comment that D'Hara had a reputation of revolts (Due all the starvations) instead of rebellions? :-[