Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Lurian News

Started by Ramiel, August 19, 2011, 09:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPierreD

Quote from: Chénier on October 20, 2011, 10:45:57 PM
Speaking of which, you totally should start a war of reunification now.

We could, though it would be more profitable for you to come to us with a friendly face and negotiate for our food surplus.

Quote from: Telrunya on October 20, 2011, 10:51:17 PM
Didn't the Zuma comment that D'Hara had a reputation of revolts (Due all the starvations) instead of rebellions? :-[

Shame on you! :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

Quote from: Telrunya on October 20, 2011, 10:51:17 PM
Didn't the Zuma comment that D'Hara had a reputation of revolts (Due all the starvations) instead of rebellions? :-[

That wasn't my impressions, but might be the case.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shenron

So hows the empire thing going? Are Aetheris Pyrism/Manifest Path antagonisms causing any problems?

We're assuming you may be having some problems since we have haven't received death threats down here in Fissoa for quite a while now.  :P  :P  :P
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

D`Este

Quote from: Shenron on October 25, 2011, 03:30:39 PM
So hows the empire thing going? Are Aetheris Pyrism/Manifest Path antagonisms causing any problems?

We're assuming you may be having some problems since we have haven't received death threats down here in Fissoa for quite a while now.  :P  :P  :P

Our ruler was just to busy to make them, no worries, spring is here now ;p AP and MP go well enough along to not prevent the creation of the empire. The empire...that will just cost time.

JPierreD

Well, Koli wants to have the MP be the only official religion of the Lurias, and that means both Pian en Luries and Luria Nova. But as there are, afaik, 8 members of the MP and 14 of AP in Luria Nova, such proposal, whenever is made public, will have some heavy opposition over this side of the sea.

Torpius proposes to have both religions as 'Lurian Religions', but so far Koli has no reason to accept it.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

Threaten to revolt. :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

Quote from: Indirik on October 25, 2011, 04:19:34 PM
Threaten to revolt. :P

He can't, really.  If he pulls anything that Koli can even semi-legitimately claim is against the greater good of humanity (like causing needless civil dissension) then a week later there won't be any AP lords in Luria Nova.  Koli has no reason to help AP, but he also has no reason to let them get away with anything, and he does have the skilled Priests and peasant majorities across Luria Nova to make it stick.

That said, Koli's not inclined to do that for various reasons, so as long as Torpius doesn't get any more hostile than he has been, I don't see any real hostilities between the religions arising.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

Quote from: Bedwyr on October 25, 2011, 06:17:46 PMHe can't, really.
Why not? He has, supposedly, 14 noble followers in LN. You could easily pull off a successful rebellion with 14 nobles, with some careful planning. And banning 14 of your 42 nobles would be a rather large blow to Luria Nova. Maybe Koli would be willing to try and have 1/3rd of his nobility banished, but maybe not.

But anyway, I wasn't really expecting that he would rebel. But then again, you guys haven't had a rebellion in a few months. Someone has to scratch the itch.  ;D

Bedwyr

Quote from: Indirik on October 25, 2011, 06:37:14 PM
Why not? He has, supposedly, 14 noble followers in LN. You could easily pull off a successful rebellion with 14 nobles, with some careful planning. And banning 14 of your 42 nobles would be a rather large blow to Luria Nova. Maybe Koli would be willing to try and have 1/3rd of his nobility banished, but maybe not.

But anyway, I wasn't really expecting that he would rebel. But then again, you guys haven't had a rebellion in a few months. Someone has to scratch the itch.  ;D

Couldn't make it stick for a lot of reasons.  One of them being that Torpius keeps overinterpreting everything everyone else says, which will be a problem for him if he tries to make trouble.  For instance, the bit about Koli trying to make the Manifest Path the sole religion of Luria.  There is a large difference between saying he would like that to be so but thinks it unlikely to happen and actually trying to force that kind of change.

At this point, Koli's figuring that if nothing changes, AP will be marginalized and either be a non-entity or die out completely, whereas tMP is continuing to grow at a respectable rate, and should go a lot faster once matters are settled enough that a diplomatic/religious mission can be sent out.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

Quote from: Bedwyr on October 25, 2011, 06:43:28 PMThere is a large difference between saying he would like that to be so but thinks it unlikely to happen and actually trying to force that kind of change.
Why, that's an outright declaration of the morale superiority of tMP, and an endorsement for the banishment of all other faiths from all of Dwilight! No wonder he wants to rebel and take control of Luria Nova. He has to protect his faith from such obvious and outright threats.

JPierreD

LOL, Indirik.  ::)

Actually, I have the same feeling about AP. Given the current growth-rate, I don't really think the status quo would benefit tMP as much as AP. But we can only see our own growths, so meh. We'll see what happens in the end.

Ramiel

Not to mention tMP could have a schism in the future if bad things start to happen. Though killing Heretics is never a bad thing.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Shenron

Quote from: Ramiel on October 25, 2011, 08:47:19 PM
Not to mention tMP could have a schism in the future if bad things start to happen. Though killing Heretics is never a bad thing.

You're the tMP fundamentalist right? Hows that working out?  8)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Ramiel

Quote from: Shenron on October 25, 2011, 11:02:39 PM
You're the tMP fundamentalist right? Hows that working out?  8)

Me? A Fundie? Not for Koli's tMP.... :)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

D`Este

Well, this promises fun.. perhaps Fulco should just convert to SA to make it really interesting..