Author Topic: Lurian News  (Read 55898 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian News
« Reply #150: November 26, 2011, 07:01:25 AM »
On a realm-level, Aurvandil has no friends. The 'moot realms are divided on the subject.

Madina, on the other hand, has good and friendly relations with the Lurian realms, same as Fissoa. Alliance being negotiated, btw.

That is what I meant.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: November 26, 2011, 12:37:03 PM »
Madina, on the other hand, has good and friendly relations with the Lurian realms, same as Fissoa. Alliance being negotiated, btw.

If you say so... a few do not like the thought of the Madinian Republic Scum :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: November 26, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
If you say so... a few do not like the thought of the Madinian Republic Scum :D

True, but that is at a individual noble's level. At government level we are all friendly with them.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: November 26, 2011, 09:13:20 PM »
True, but that is at a individual noble's level. At government level we are all friendly with them.

Hello. Welcome to the Middle Ages.

There is no separation between those levels in this setting.

Thank you for your time.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: November 27, 2011, 01:57:03 AM »
Hello. Welcome to the Middle Ages.

There is no separation between those levels in this setting.

Thank you for your time.

Of course there is. Some nobles can blab all they want about "Madinian scum", while those in charge know better not to. The Lurias are not republican...

Archbane

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: December 08, 2011, 04:02:45 PM »
Guys, can someone give me a short discourse on what happened to PeL, and about the creation of Luria Nova.

Boy, am I surprised to learn from wiki that Amaury, the Queen's golden boy rebelled against her. Back then he was her staunchest ally...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: December 08, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »
Yeah, but that's not news.

What's news is that she's back.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: December 08, 2011, 04:07:36 PM »
Guys, can someone give me a short discourse on what happened to PeL, and about the creation of Luria Nova.

Boy, am I surprised to learn from wiki that Amaury, the Queen's golden boy rebelled against her. Back then he was her staunchest ally...

When you want to stab someone in the back, its much easier if you are close to them.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: December 08, 2011, 04:18:59 PM »
Yeah, but that's not news.

What's news is that she's back.

LOL'in so hard.

Archbane

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: December 09, 2011, 10:07:20 AM »
When you want to stab someone in the back, its much easier if you are close to them.

I do agree it applies in some situations, but he would have achieved it much earlier when half the realm, the judge and two dukes was already against the Queen. He was the remaining Duke who stood by her.

It speaks alot of then, Queen Alanna, she singlehandedly managed to turn every single duke she appointed against her at one point or another. But most of all, she managed to stay in power for so long.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: December 09, 2011, 10:29:09 AM »

I do agree it applies in some situations, but he would have achieved it much earlier when half the realm, the judge and two dukes was already against the Queen. He was the remaining Duke who stood by her.

It speaks alot of then, Queen Alanna, she singlehandedly managed to turn every single duke she appointed against her at one point or another. But most of all, she managed to stay in power for so long.

That assumes his first or only goal was to dispose of Alanna. Common sense suggests that Amaury was running many many schemes and plots, for some of those he needed Alanna to remain Queen, when that was no longer the case he was in a position to remove her. Perhaps those that failed so many times to oust Alanna should ask themselves what was it about Amaury or the situation that allowed him to succeed.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: December 10, 2011, 06:48:39 AM »
Perhaps those that failed so many times to oust Alanna should ask themselves what was it about Amaury or the situation that allowed him to succeed.

Me!  It was me!  (waves for attention)

...Nah, in all seriousness, there were a lot of factors, it was a near thing, and it would have been nasty as hell if Alanna had actually fought it out.  I'd given the rebel side even odds, no better.  OOC, anyway.  IC Koli thought he had a much better chance, but Koli's often an idiot.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: December 10, 2011, 06:51:21 AM »
Me!  It was me!  (waves for attention)

...Nah, in all seriousness, there were a lot of factors, it was a near thing, and it would have been nasty as hell if Alanna had actually fought it out.  I'd given the rebel side even odds, no better.  OOC, anyway.  IC Koli thought he had a much better chance, but Koli's often an idiot.

Are you sure Koli isn't related to the De-Legro family? Idiocy is certainly a family trait with them, it just manifests in different ways, not all are as obvious as Carlos :)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: December 10, 2011, 07:28:07 AM »
Are you sure Koli isn't related to the De-Legro family? Idiocy is certainly a family trait with them, it just manifests in different ways, not all are as obvious as Carlos :)

Nah, Koli's idiocy is of the grandiose kind, quite fitting for a Bedwyr.  See Damian, for instance.  Man thought he singlehandedly destroyed Abington, then went bat!@#$ crazy and seceded, founded his own religion, and began hallucinating that he was conquering the island.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: December 10, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »
Nah, Koli's idiocy is of the grandiose kind, quite fitting for a Bedwyr.  See Damian, for instance.  Man thought he singlehandedly destroyed Abington, then went bat!@#$ crazy and seceded, founded his own religion, and began hallucinating that he was conquering the island.

So I take it that mundane dwarf tossing is below the standard of Bedwyr lunacy?