Author Topic: The Enweil/Riombara thread  (Read 58334 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Enweil/Riombara thread
« Reply #135: February 01, 2013, 01:08:39 PM »
It's nice to be allied, I could visit my family home and get repairs at the same time. Didn't even need to bribe the locals!  8)

And silly traitorous Kirts, trying to stab me.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: February 03, 2013, 04:50:21 AM »
Haha.  The land of second opportunities for nobles just gave themselves a second opportunity to say f you.  Haha.

All joking aside, I don't know why they even called a referendum if they are THAT opposed to the idea that they can't abide by a vote on it to begin with.  Are they playing the ignorance card, or is their ruler just strong-arming against the nobility?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: February 03, 2013, 05:02:35 AM »
So basically, they voted to let me in, then voted not to?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: February 03, 2013, 05:38:34 AM »
So basically, they voted to let me in, then voted not to?

No.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: February 03, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »
I really do have no idea what is going on. Got to visit the family mansion for the first time in a while, at least, and still get to vote in referendums, but payment of my unit's a bitch.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: February 04, 2013, 08:19:03 AM »
I heard that they voted on it, didn't like the answer, and called for a second vote.  I didn't hear why, but HAH.  A republic in action.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: February 04, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »
I heard that they voted on it, didn't like the answer, and called for a second vote.  I didn't hear why, but HAH.  A republic in action.

A number of people, at the time of the first referendum, were talking loudly about bringing Chénier into the realm so that we could ban him and execute him. This was not the intent of the referendum, but that was not made clear, so a second referendum was needed with two options that everyone fully understood.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: February 04, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Well, to my eyes it was actually a bit of both of the above    ;)

Still, the vote is finished in favor of having Guillaume join. Let the trickery begin!

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: February 04, 2013, 03:24:49 PM »
Still, the vote is finished in favor of having Guillaume join. Let the trickery begin!

I guess no one wants to bring up the subject IC  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: February 04, 2013, 07:11:05 PM »
A number of people, at the time of the first referendum, were talking loudly about bringing Chénier into the realm so that we could ban him and execute him. This was not the intent of the referendum, but that was not made clear, so a second referendum was needed with two options that everyone fully understood.

Guillaume was already banned. XD

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: February 04, 2013, 11:52:47 PM »
Guillaume was already banned. XD
But they needed to be able to execute you.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: February 05, 2013, 01:28:27 PM »
But they needed to be able to execute you.

Lifting my ban to place a new one wouldn't help. Takes a few turns before one turns rogue, which is plenty of time to escape. Guillaume will only die if I wish him to.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: February 05, 2013, 01:44:23 PM »
Lifting my ban to place a new one wouldn't help. Takes a few turns before one turns rogue, which is plenty of time to escape. Guillaume will only die if I wish him to.

It's not about how we would execute you, it's about whether it's legal to try.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: February 07, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »
Let the games begin  ;D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: February 07, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »
Silly Riombara.