Author Topic: New Player Retention  (Read 21174 times)

cjnodell

Re: New Player Retention
« Reply #15: March 21, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
Such random dropping should be optional at the least. I am more in favor of arming the new player with the information needed to make a good decision that works for them then making these decisions for them. I think that new players should have access to greater information about each realm. Things like how chatty things are compared to other realms. How much fighting the realm has been engaged in and what kind. The quality of mentorship rated by other new players. ect... A descriptive statement, made by the ruler for potential new players to see. Once a realm is picked, it think that the capital is the best place to start new players as there is no longer any need for new players to make the journey to their estate to get moving.

I am also not a big fan of auto army assignments or auto oaths unless a good IG reason is given. I think some of the best ideas are for an improved mentor system, a built in tutorial, and empowering the new player so they can better find a good fit for themselves.