Author Topic: New Player Retention  (Read 20335 times)

cjnodell

Re: New Player Retention
« Reply #15: March 24, 2011, 02:58:35 PM »
Sounds great to me. I was mostly having fun making a "classified add" Battlemaster style. While I dislike automatically assigning new players to armies and especially auto-oaths, I really like the idea of letting lords set standing oaf offers that are displayed on a page with all other oath offers. A new character would only need to look at the list of oath offers then select the one they like the most. I know that when I make an oath I like to know as much as possible about the region and the lord, so I think that it would be good for such information to be linked to such a listing of oaths. Perhaps making it so clicking on the Lord's name or Region name would take you to the family-info page or region info page. I think this could really make things easier for a new character and region lords... I can imagine such a page being displayed shortly after a new character arrives if there are open oath offers and being accessible to existing characters. I think that, if such a system were to go into place, it might be good if the region lord was able to refuse an oath offered...

"""
Lord            Region      Pay
Baron Victor      RegionA      37 Gold      [Offer Oath]
Count Richard      RegionB      41 Gold      [Offer Oath]
Duke Riley         RegionC      57 Gold      [Offer Oath]
"""