Author Topic: Spells Feedback  (Read 52249 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: Spells Feedback
« Reply #120: September 07, 2011, 02:59:38 AM »
That is a lot. How many GMs are working on it anyway?

There have been exactly 322 submitted spells.  There are three GMs.  I'd say Tom has been working more on the codebase, so two and a half.

Edit: Ok I went through and modded at least two spells for everyone who had one submitted.  Horray everyone!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:53:11 AM by loren »

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: September 07, 2011, 07:25:21 AM »
...and one of the GMs has been away quite a lot recently (slacker) so more 1 and a half...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: September 07, 2011, 02:43:55 PM »
There should be a way to delete/abandon proposed spells that have been rejected.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #123: September 07, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »
There should be a way to delete/abandon proposed spells that have been rejected.

agreed, but I haven't come around to coding it, yet.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: September 21, 2011, 05:13:01 PM »
I have a single target spell called The Voice (Perceive/Mind) that causes the target to hear a single sentence or phrase coming from somewhere. That one got approved awhile ago. I just had a multi-target/multi-voice spell- pretty much the high end version called The Voices rejected yesterday because Perceive was deemed not the proper intent.

While I can maybe buy that, the previous spell seems to set precedent already. Can I get some clarification please?

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: September 21, 2011, 06:03:21 PM »
Sounds like they're both clearly Control/Mind to me anyways.

Edit: I didn't mod either of them ;-)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #126: September 21, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »
There's no such thing as precedents in this game. Everyone is learning the details as we go along, including the GMs.

Which pretty much means I will be setting all spells to "proposed" one day and we will go through them again, and it'll probably be rejected with that very same reason then.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: September 21, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »
There's no such thing as precedents in this game. Everyone is learning the details as we go along, including the GMs.

Which pretty much means I will be setting all spells to "proposed" one day and we will go through them again, and it'll probably be rejected with that very same reason then.

That works. I wasn't really favoring one or the other. Just wanted them to be consistent. Thanks!

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: September 21, 2011, 07:31:54 PM »

Are you sure that's a sensible idea? I've submitted 22 spell ideas, if other people are submitting about the same number (which I'm presuming they are) then setting everything back to proposed will mean a ridiculous amount of work for you and the other GMs.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #129: September 21, 2011, 07:51:56 PM »
Yes, I know. But I've added a lot of things since then, from classes to duplicate detection, and it would really help cleaning things up. For the record, we currently have 167 active spells in the database, and a further 200 or so waiting.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: September 24, 2011, 10:04:31 AM »
I lost a spell. It was going back and forth between rejected/reworked and it's now disappeared. I'm about 98% sure I didn't click the "give up" option and have convinced myself I'd see the latest iteration sitting with "reworked" beside it.

Was called "The Madness", if that helps the dev hunt.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: September 24, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »
I lost a spell. It was going back and forth between rejected/reworked and it's now disappeared. I'm about 98% sure I didn't click the "give up" option and have convinced myself I'd see the latest iteration sitting with "reworked" beside it.

Was called "The Madness", if that helps the dev hunt.

It appears as an 'active' spell in my lists, which means it has been accepted.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: September 25, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
It appears as an 'active' spell in my lists, which means it has been accepted.

Huh. Ok. Must be a bug floating around in the code then. It's not in my list of "Spells You Know" and it's gone from "Spell Research".

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: September 25, 2011, 01:57:58 PM »
Huh. Ok. Must be a bug floating around in the code then. It's not in my list of "Spells You Know" and it's gone from "Spell Research".

Not all spells that are accepted at the moment are granted to the creator remember.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #134: September 25, 2011, 11:25:35 PM »

No, it's not a bug. It is simply that currently there is no message system in the game, so the game can't tell you what happened (spell was accepted, but you didn't learn it automatically).