Author Topic: Giblot: Dead or Alive?  (Read 36499 times)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Giblot: Dead or Alive?
« Reply #30: September 27, 2011, 06:54:37 PM »
I don't get what you lot are doing in Giblot, I really don't. Strategically, your General could have took Drenga from the Assassins by himself because we didn't have anything that could've uprooted him within a weeks ride of the region, but paradoxically he gave up on the TO before it had a chance to complete. Things started to slide downhill for you when OT and the Assassins started to take regions on your side of the river, but even then you should have been able to push us out, given the travel times between the Assassin's and OT's core regions and those holdings. Hell, had you taken a more aggressive stance and went after either of us timed between Lukon's visits we might have had to discuss terms. Lukon is slow to move (due to all the old geezers in the ranks ;)), the Assassins and OT are fairly weak individually, Oritolon is distant, MT is of little help, Giblot could've easily taken hold of the north and kept it. Same problem I saw with Alebad when Aramon was a member, everyone went into defensive mode once they saw a few beatings in the field and defense alone just doesn't work, you'll just cut you off from supplies and the attackers will starve you into submission.

As far as Generals being diplomatic, hey, it worked for Vladamire (in fact he at one time held both the posts of Minister of Offense and Ambassador of Outer Tilog at the same time for a long while before Aramon became Shadow Tyrant :p).