Author Topic: Regional financial changes  (Read 13228 times)

acrandal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Regional financial changes
« Topic Start: September 01, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
You realise that both the Lord and the Steward can place buy and sell orders that use the current Region Trade Balance rather then paying for them out of pocket right? It is one way I increase the tax income for my knights, by ensuring food my regions sells goes into the trade balance which is then distributed at tax time.

Yes, the sales from food do boost the knight's income as it stands.  This is especially important for more rural regions.  I hadn't pondered that implication yet.

I do want some clarification about buy orders, though.  When I issue a buy order in a region, that money comes out of my pocket and goes into the hands of the warehouse.  It doesn't come from the trade balance.  So if a Steward issues the order (last I checked, they could but I don't remember the details very well), you imply that money for the buy comes from the trade balance?  I thought it came right out of the Steward's pocket.  If it does come from the trade balance, then what is stopping a Steward from ordering buy orders in excess of the region's income?  I just want to be clear on the mechanics.