Author Topic: Selective Automatic Trade Offers  (Read 8566 times)

cjnodell

Re: Selective Automatic Trade Offers
« Reply #15: September 07, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »
Sheesh....

Have the buyer use manual Buy orders, so that he only buys what he can afford. If you only want to buy 100 bushels this week, then set a manual Buy order for 1000 bushels. That way you don't have to worry about buying too much food.

Is setting up a Buy order once a week too much trouble? Then appoint a steward to do it for you!

But seriously, is the possibility of someone selling you *too much* food really that much of a worry? I wish I had to worry about that...

Even a manual buy order does not accomplish this. In the end I only want our regions to be able to freely sell to mine. It is not about getting too much food but about not losing money to outsiders. We are strapped for cash as a rule and while I am glad to give it to our nobles in exchange for food I do not want a single coin leaving the realm unless I specifically choose to have that happen.  If I set a manual buy offer for 1000 then ANY caravan from any place can stop buy and take our gold. Sure I get food but that is not what I want. I want food from internal regions and I want them to get my gold.