Author Topic: Change to Mentor position  (Read 30962 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Change to Mentor position
« Reply #45: March 14, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »
  • updating wiki using a team of  realm-appointed mentors (since the group is keen on this idea :))
  • use a private forum for the mentor group to collaborate final product.

Anyone can update the wiki. You think something needs fixed/changed/updated? Go for it! If you need some kind of special help, post in the wiki section of this forum. I don't think you will get, or need, any kind of specific support because you're an IG-appointed Mentor. The wiki is not intended to be that way, nor should it be that way. You don't need some official blessing from the game to go ahead with your project.

In the same vein, I can almost guarantee that you won't get any kind of private forum for in-game appointed mentors to collaborate. But again, you shouldn't need it. Just start a thread on mentor collaboration, and go for it.

Trying to exclude people from the community project is counter-productive. This is a community-driven game. Why should we exclude community members from helping? You would probably get some help from people in the community that can't be, or don't want to be, mentors for whatever reason. I don't see any reason to prevent the players from contributing just because their characters can't participate in the IG mentor program. Also, you may or may not get support from the IG-appointed mentors. There's a good chance that some of the people that get appointed won't care about the wiki, or know anything about contributing to it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.