Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 117091 times)

egamma

Re: New Estate System
« Reply #135: September 12, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »
he would have meant Land Owner of blah city, governor of duchy of blah (governor = duke in madina)

Well, in the sane world (kidding, kidding...), duchies are ruled by Dukes. Hence the prefix. I was suggesting that the lord of a city be called "Governor".

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #136: September 12, 2011, 09:52:18 PM »
A shame though, i'd like to see the duke title customized as realms might vary in how they would deal with this (new) position.

The problem with customized titles is that it means nothing to everyone outside your realm. Or in other words: You would have to learn what a hundred or so (number of positions times number of realms) words mean. Not my idea of fun. Who liked the vocabulary part of learning a foreign language?

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: September 12, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »
The problem with customized titles is that it means nothing to everyone outside your realm. Or in other words: You would have to learn what a hundred or so (number of positions times number of realms) words mean. Not my idea of fun. Who liked the vocabulary part of learning a foreign language?

I agree. We already have to do that with all the council positions and that feels like enough.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: September 12, 2011, 09:56:53 PM »
won't it be the same number as each custom gov positions that we already have? all dukes in the same realm get the same customised title.

just call it (customised duke title) of the duchy of blah
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: September 12, 2011, 10:17:50 PM »
Or, how about we just stick with Duke, and move on to something more useful?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #140: September 12, 2011, 10:29:26 PM »
How much gold does a guild pay actually? From the example it is around 77. Like does this directly come from the local treasury?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: September 12, 2011, 11:51:13 PM »

Commander sounds fine, for the systems that don't use senator or the like.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #142: September 13, 2011, 12:21:18 AM »
How much gold does a guild pay actually? From the example it is around 77. Like does this directly come from the local treasury?

Guilds pay the current tax rate on their treasury. So if the guild has 200 gold stored away, and the tax rate is 12%, it will pay 24 gold in taxes.

Zakilevo

« Reply #143: September 13, 2011, 12:51:16 AM »
oh man people are going to avoid storing gold in their treasury from now on.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: September 13, 2011, 01:09:44 AM »
oh man people are going to avoid storing gold in their treasury from now on.

That was always the case with guilds.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Leon

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: September 15, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »
Well, in the sane world (kidding, kidding...), duchies are ruled by Dukes. Hence the prefix. I was suggesting that the lord of a city be called "Governor".

I am no history expert, but here in England we still retain some of the historical titles. Like the currently elected 'Lord Mayor'  of London, as well as similar offices in other major cities.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: September 16, 2011, 02:12:18 AM »
I am no history expert, but here in England we still retain some of the historical titles. Like the currently elected 'Lord Mayor'  of London, as well as similar offices in other major cities.

Lord Mayor generally means the city has a Cathedral. Otherwise you are just a plain old Mayor.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

« Reply #147: September 21, 2011, 04:54:46 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/New_Taxes

I added an example to the new Taxes page, that incorporates every part of the flowchart. Let me know if it's helpful, correct, etc.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #148: September 21, 2011, 09:04:48 AM »
The example is rather confusing, and could be incorrect, because it doesn't follow the flow chart - guild taxes are added after you've calculated the knight and lord share.

Do you want an actual example from the game engine? You can use that and simplify the numbers by multiplying them by some factor. Or I can set up a region with pre-set numbers. Note that the example below uses actual regions and characters, but it's not what the actual region looks like because I've played around with things on the dev server.

here's one:

The following taxes were collected in Nid Tek. The tax rate for this collection was 13 % and the lords share was 10 %.

Regional income and expenses
Peasants Taxes
180 gold
Trade Balance
120 gold
Taxes from Guildhouses
+ 1 gold
Buildings Upkeep
- 8 gold
Collectable Tax Gold
293 gold

Estate ofSizePeasantsTax CollectedKnight ShareLord Share
Franz
16 %
46 gold
41 gold
5 gold
Ramiel
38 %
111 gold
111 gold
Zena
22 %
64 gold
57 gold
7 gold
Tobel
22 %
64 gold
57 gold
7 gold
Wild Lands
2 %
2 gold
2 gold
Region Totals
287 gold
155 gold
132 gold

Lord and Duke Shares
Lord Share
132 gold
Dukes Share
- 66 gold
Lords Tax Income
66 gold

egamma

« Reply #149: September 22, 2011, 04:04:51 AM »
Okay, fixed. Your diagram does not show the knights share, by the way--might want to add that.

I had thought that the knights would not get any trade/guild income, and also not be affected by militia/building payments--that their share would be taken out of the peasant taxes.