Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 115559 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New Estate System
« Reply #210: September 25, 2011, 11:44:43 PM »
Oh yes. From what I've seen from the distance, it has sucked the spirit out of every other island in the game, and it's the main reason everything is spread thin.

I have to disagree. I'm not experiencing any less spirit in the realms I've been in since Dwilight was created. Dwilight's SMA has even had a positive influence in my opinion with people on other continents taking atmosphere more seriously without getting too serious. EC has an epic war going on in the South with the Northern war being as good as over (and it was pretty epic as well); AT has the Allies vs. Empire war; BT is finally alive again and man, do I love that continent and everything about it :) ; FE has Arcaea creeping ever closer to island hegemony from what I hear; the Colonies... no idea and Dwilight has an excellent atmosphere and some amazing plans for the future brewing in pretty much all realms I think. The BM spirit has never been so alive.

Those who whine are just not willing to make sacrifices, sacrifices that are sometimes necessary to have fun. I honestly don't see what's wrong with large patches of rogue wastelands being created on the front lines, or behind them, it's the price of war and actually pretty darn realistic. I personally love the current estate system and for me nothing has to change but I like the proposed changes so far, they'll make a great system even better and that's why I look forward to them. Not because I expect them to solve all my problems, you should never rely on code changes to solve your problems, solve them yourself.