Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 115468 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New Estate System
« Reply #255: September 26, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »
um... in the estate screen, do the estimate tax numbers include things like maintenance?
firefox

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: September 26, 2011, 07:45:18 PM »
Will Lord characters need to be in their own realms to change estates? I had expected it would take a few more weeks, I'm far.....

Apparently, they don't. It's all good.

Thanks!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: September 26, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »
So the buttons to manage estates and set taxes have moved from 'Command' to 'Politics'. Should we ignore the 'Manage Estate...' in 'Command'?

By the way, 'Change Allegiance...' is broken.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: September 26, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »
So the buttons to manage estates and set taxes have moved from 'Command' to 'Politics'. Should we ignore the 'Manage Estate...' in 'Command'?

By the way, 'Change Allegiance...' is broken.

where is this, what continent?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: September 26, 2011, 08:39:31 PM »
New estates are only active on Testing islands: BT and Dwilight. All the others should remain the same.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: September 26, 2011, 08:46:01 PM »
but the point is.. the old estates link is still active in command in testing. at least for the lord.

strongly suggest not to touch anything in that particular link... XD
firefox

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: September 26, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »
Is there a difference between having wild lands, and a vacant estate that covers it, besides a nobles being able to take the estate? Pretty much will having a vacant estate cause harm compared to it being wild lands?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #262: September 26, 2011, 09:10:28 PM »
Is there a difference between having wild lands, and a vacant estate that covers it, besides a nobles being able to take the estate? Pretty much will having a vacant estate cause harm compared to it being wild lands?

At this time, it's the same thing, except what you mentioned.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: September 26, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
'Religion' button is also broken.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #264: September 26, 2011, 09:36:22 PM »
'Religion' button is also broken.

Please do not just say "X is broken."

In order to fix what's broken, we need specific information.  Please tell us what you tried to do, and what actually happened.

95% of the time "X is broken" is both worthless and frustrating.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: September 26, 2011, 09:55:20 PM »
Please do not just say "X is broken."

In order to fix what's broken, we need specific information.  Please tell us what you tried to do, and what actually happened.

95% of the time "X is broken" is both worthless and frustrating.

Sorry, thought you would be able to see it and reproduce it yourselves.

I click 'Religion' and it opens a page exactly like the 'Actions' one (saying Actions) but with no options at all.

Here's the page source:
Code: [Select]
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<title>BattleMaster</title>
<meta name="description" content="BattleMaster is a team-oriented browsergame merging strategy and roleplaying in a (low-) fantasy world." />
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/common/jquery.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/common/battlemaster.css?lastchange=2011081001" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/common/core/navbar.css" />
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/common/json2.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/common/bm.js?change=1246555268"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
});
</script>

</head>
<body>

<div id="corenav">
<ul class="wood">
<li><a href="http://battlemaster.org/login.php">BattleMaster</a></li>
<li><a href="http://war-islands.org">War Islands</a></li>
<li><a href="http://lemuria.org/SM3">SpellMaster</a></li>
<li><a href="http://wiki.battlemaster.org">Wiki</a></li>

<li><a href="http://forum.battlemaster.org">Forum</a></li>
<li><a href="http://bugs.battlemaster.org">Bugtracker</a></li>
</ul>
<div id="coreinfo"></div>
<br class="clearit" />
</div><div class="hide"><a href="#Status" title="Skip navigation." accesskey="2">Skip navigation</a>.</div>
<div class="Navigation night">

<ul id="nav-char">
<li><a href="/testing/message-send.php" title="Read and write messages">Messages</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-info.php" title="Check information">Information</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-politics.php" title="Political activities">Politics</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-travel2.php" title="Travelling">Travel</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-actions2.php" title="Actions">Actions</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-religion.php" title="Religious activities">Religion</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/command.php" title="Command options">Command</a></li>
<li id="globe"><a href="/userdata.php" title="Back to your family page">Family</a></li></ul>

</div>
<div id="Content"><div class="pagetitle pt_short"><h1>Actions</h1></div>

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: September 26, 2011, 10:00:36 PM »
Regarding religion:

When I click on religion (Koli Bedwyr, Dwilight, Dantooine) all I get on the page is this text.

"There are ca. 1960 believers in your faith The Manifest Path in this region. That's about 99% of the population."
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: September 26, 2011, 10:20:13 PM »
What will one be able to do with his estate once you get around to coding them?

Also, I'm not really a fan of those hard limits. Like, is there some rebellious peasant union telling me more than 25% tax is just too cruel to take from poor peasants? Or some cocky administrator who forces me to tax my lords 5%? And why can't my knights just rebel against me if I want to tax them more than 50%? Or which arrogant city planner dares tell his noble lord that his estate can't be larger than 30%?
I understand that there's the need to be some limitations, but I'd very much prefer it if it was up to the players to decide what it was in stead of just having the game tell us "You can go this far, but no further!". I thought that was why good and bad marks were removed, and even there characters had some say in it.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: September 26, 2011, 10:37:21 PM »
Currently knights cannot see how much the lord's share is, nor lords can see the duke's share. I suppose dukes cannot see the realm share either. Is that intentional, or as I think more likely something that will change?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: September 26, 2011, 10:54:33 PM »
Also, I'm not really a fan of those hard limits. Like, is there some rebellious peasant union telling me more than 25% tax is just too cruel to take from poor peasants? Or some cocky administrator who forces me to tax my lords 5%? And why can't my knights just rebel against me if I want to tax them more than 50%? Or which arrogant city planner dares tell his noble lord that his estate can't be larger than 30%?

It could be done so that you can raise your taxes up to 100%, and incur in a high chance of get kicked out of the region in the process. The minimum and maximum lord/duchy/realm share I don't really understand, though I must admit to like them, personally. Regarding the size of the estate, simply making an exponential function that turns the profit of a estate higher than the current max percent equal or lower than leaving it wild would solve the issue. The question is if it is worth coding it, of course.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:56:51 PM by JPierreD »