Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 115482 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: New Estate System
« Reply #345: September 29, 2011, 12:11:42 AM »
Are vacant estates supposed to have flat 50% efficiency, or do they just have a 50% modifier for being vacant on top of their size?  I'm seeing some vacant estates that appear to have 31-32% efficiency.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: September 29, 2011, 12:57:06 AM »
the rich city lord is not being mr. generous. he gets to act as mr. generous because he doesn't pay his bills and other idiots, the exact same ones who complain about lack of gold, back him up with "for the good of the realm" stuff.

on the other hand, it's no longer a duke thing and when things have settled down. i would imagine dukes on dwi would eventually be mostly ruling townslands.

Well, with the new system, you'll see even more "mr. generous" types, because the game is forcing us to tax our vassals. We can compensate by giving ourselves smaller estates as lords, and dukes can compensate by giving more for food, but those low-food badlands and mountains are going to be giving a greater chunk of their income to the duke and getting very little of it back.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: September 29, 2011, 03:06:59 AM »
the rich city lord is not being mr. generous. he gets to act as mr. generous because he doesn't pay his bills and other idiots, the exact same ones who complain about lack of gold, back him up with "for the good of the realm" stuff.
And you know how he is going to pay his bills? By taxing the lord. And then maybe he should start handing out invoices for protecting your region from monsters. And refuse to hand out gold when your unit gets wiped out while you try to protect it yourself. (Isn't that why you get paid for your food? So you can handle all your expenses yourself?) And when you don't sell him your food at whatever rate he wants, he'll just raise your taxes so he can buy it from elsewhere.

on the other hand, it's no longer a duke thing and when things have settled down. i would imagine dukes on dwi would eventually be mostly ruling townslands.
I can't imagine why you would think that would be the case.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #348: September 29, 2011, 06:52:41 AM »
Hm.. The new system is great :) I didn't lose much gold. Well to be fair I had nothing to lose to begin with :).

But from reading the new report, knights seem to receive a lot of gold. Lords can adjust that in time I am sure.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: September 29, 2011, 08:08:49 AM »
reason? food. towns mostly don't need to buy food. cities do. a city duke can tax a lot, but he won't get food. whereas a townsland duke won't have to think about food. and he get to tax city lords for extras.

a duke sets same tax rate for all his regions. if he's not paying for food and then attempts to up the rate, how many lords will stay?
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #350: September 29, 2011, 08:22:32 AM »
reason? food. towns mostly don't need to buy food. cities do. a city duke can tax a lot, but he won't get food. whereas a townsland duke won't have to think about food. and he get to tax city lords for extras.

a duke sets same tax rate for all his regions. if he's not paying for food and then attempts to up the rate, how many lords will stay?

Probably all of them. Lets face it if Lords don't kick up a stink about things like being expected to provide free food, they are unlikely to do much about taxes either.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #351: September 29, 2011, 08:24:49 AM »
Hm.. The new system is great :) I didn't lose much gold. Well to be fair I had nothing to lose to begin with :) .

But from reading the new report, knights seem to receive a lot of gold. Lords can adjust that in time I am sure.

It's a bottom-up system now. If you want to receive gold further up the chain, you'll have to tax downwards. And if those below you don't tax their subjects much, you must raise their tax rates until they wise up.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: September 29, 2011, 08:54:39 AM »
Probably all of them. Lets face it if Lords don't kick up a stink about things like being expected to provide free food, they are unlikely to do much about taxes either.

Hmmm... I think we shouldn't underestimate the capacity for lords to get pissed off about their gold. From my experience, lords feel a lot different about gold than they do about food.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #353: September 29, 2011, 09:44:49 AM »
Hmmm... I think we shouldn't underestimate the capacity for lords to get pissed off about their gold. From my experience, lords feel a lot different about gold than they do about food.

Agreed. Food is food. But Gold can buy food if you are desperate or in a non-self-food-producing situation like D'hara.

Gold makes the world go around...and kept fed!
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: September 29, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
Question: How will the new estate system change the way that election of rulers that are currently Dukes work in Republics for instance?

ie. Right now if you are a Duke and you are elected as ruler in a republic, you automatically abdicate your lordship position of the city and become Ruler. Will this change under the new system, or would you still lose your position as Duke and lord?

I'd like this answered too. How does the new estate system effect the rulers ability to appoint himself duke as well?
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #355: September 29, 2011, 10:08:47 AM »
I'd like this answered too. How does the new estate system effect the rulers ability to appoint himself duke as well?

the system does not yet make a difference between government systems.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356: September 29, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »
That's an interesting idea. We'll have to see how it plays out. I personally don't see it happening, but you never know.

That depends. I think very few lords care about the food their regions grow. Most would rather not have to be bothered with it at all.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #357: October 01, 2011, 10:38:07 PM »
Another weird thing here. . . I thought we got rid of Imperial regions?

Imperial Regions
Panamana   195    Mountains    -    Core    Stoic    Loyal    Crawling    Details

We TO'd it a day or so ago - it appears to be an imperial region under the "Realm Regions" section, but does not appear in the Realm Hierarchy.

I do not know if Nosferatus (Abbot) can appoint to it though - I can't.   I'll check with our other Duke.

This may have happened because it's physically closer to Tower Fatmilak Duchy, but the region adjacent to it is from Madina Duchy.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: October 02, 2011, 01:54:27 AM »
Newly conquered regions are still Imperial Regions for now. This will change in the future. In the meantime I think that both the ruler and the future lord need to be in the region for the appointment to happen.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #359: October 02, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »
Another weird thing here. . . I thought we got rid of Imperial regions?

There's still a problem with some regions in TO.