Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 115469 times)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: New Estate System
« Reply #360: October 02, 2011, 09:30:07 AM »
There's still a problem with some regions in TO.

I gathered, since it exists.

My question is how do we fix it?  Suggestions?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #361: October 02, 2011, 10:54:07 AM »
I gathered, since it exists.

My question is how do we fix it?  Suggestions?

Not immediately, no. I will be cleaning them up, assigning them to a bordering duchy. But I need to fix up the TO code.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362: October 02, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »
Hm.. The new system is great :) I didn't lose much gold. Well to be fair I had nothing to lose to begin with :).

But from reading the new report, knights seem to receive a lot of gold. Lords can adjust that in time I am sure.

From my experience, the most that a Lord can tax their knight is 50%. So in my case, I have only one Knight with a 50% size estate. So the least that I can give them is 25% percent of the region tax. (half of 50%). Of course, this is the upper end of the scale regarding estate size (from which they derive their gold). Many knights would have smaller estates.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #363: October 02, 2011, 07:15:30 PM »
From my experience, the most that a Lord can tax their knight is 50%. So in my case, I have only one Knight with a 50% size estate. So the least that I can give them is 25% percent of the region tax. (half of 50%). Of course, this is the upper end of the scale regarding estate size (from which they derive their gold). Many knights would have smaller estates.

Or you could just resize his estate to 1% and tax 50% of that if you want. *That* would be the least you could give him, 0.5%.

Obviously, he'd have to be pretty stupid to accept that, and it wouldn't really make you any richer than if you had no knights at all. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #364: October 02, 2011, 08:07:28 PM »
Or you could just resize his estate to 1%

No, you can't. Estates have minimum sizes, too.

egamma

« Reply #365: October 02, 2011, 09:12:39 PM »

10% minimum for my townsland, which is 900 peasants.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #366: October 02, 2011, 09:40:41 PM »

I see.

I created a 5% estate the other day. Didn't try to create smaller, so I didn't know. 5% is pretty darn small, though.

Point remains, as 50% of 5% is 2.5%, which is perhaps a penny more than 0.5% would have been with the rounding or just about.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #367: October 02, 2011, 10:50:36 PM »
I see.

I created a 5% estate the other day. Didn't try to create smaller, so I didn't know. 5% is pretty darn small, though.

Point remains, as 50% of 5% is 2.5%, which is perhaps a penny more than 0.5% would have been with the rounding or just about.

Okay, so we have:
5% minimum for cities
10% for townslands

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #368: October 02, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »
Okay, so we have:
5% minimum for cities
10% for townslands

It would appear so.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369: October 02, 2011, 11:28:48 PM »
Okay, so we have:
5% minimum for cities
10% for townslands

Nope, it depends on population, not only on type. Giask has max estate size of 30%, while Shinnen of 50%. Efficiency in Shinnen Purlieus for the same estate size is different than in Outer Giask. (All this regions are of Dwilight, first two are cities, second two are townslands)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #370: October 02, 2011, 11:30:53 PM »
Nope, it depends on population, not only on type. Giask has max estate size of 30%, while Shinnen of 50%. Efficiency in Shinnen Purlieus for the same estate size is different than in Outer Giask. (All this regions are of Dwilight, first two are cities, second two are townslands)

Aye, its a mystical combination of Region Type and (Max?) Population.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #371: October 02, 2011, 11:33:15 PM »

Why are you comparing max estate size with min estate size? They might not follow the same rules.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #372: October 02, 2011, 11:43:28 PM »
Why are you comparing max estate size with min estate size? They might not follow the same rules.

If they didnt, i would be surprised.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #373: October 02, 2011, 11:45:39 PM »
If they didnt, i would be surprised.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had additional arbitrary min-max caps that vary according to city/everything else.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #374: October 02, 2011, 11:47:21 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they had additional arbitrary min-max caps that vary according to city/everything else.

It sounds like you have an optimism for pessimism... wouldnt it take far more coding to do that?