Author Topic: Family aid  (Read 6819 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Family aid
« Reply #15: August 23, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Actually, bonds used to not be counted when requesting family aid (a long time ago).

The change was made as a guard against abuses: people were simply requesting family aid, changing the gold they got into bonds, then requesting family aid again. 

However, putting money into guilds made this exploit available once again, and we had to counter it in other ways.  It might be reasonable to allow this once again.  We should bring it up for discussion with Tom.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 06, 2011, 04:52:34 AM »
Actually, bonds used to not be counted when requesting family aid (a long time ago).

The change was made as a guard against abuses: people were simply requesting family aid, changing the gold they got into bonds, then requesting family aid again. 

However, putting money into guilds made this exploit available once again, and we had to counter it in other ways.  It might be reasonable to allow this once again.  We should bring it up for discussion with Tom.

A simple solution for bonds would be whether you are in your realm or not. Or, say, within 3 regions of a region you could cash them in from.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #17: September 20, 2011, 06:46:36 AM »
I've traveled halfway across the map, and because my men stole my gold, but I have 300 bonds, I can't call on family aid. This is exactlly the situation that family aid is supposed to solve, and yet I can't use it when I need it most. Can't we limit the frequency of family gold calls, rather than including bonds?

It will take me 24 turns to journey home--probably a lot more than that due to winter--and then another 24+ turns to return to my food source.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 20, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
So... why didn't you pay your men? If you didn't have enough gold to pay your men, how did you expect to have enough gold to buy your food?

FWIW - There is a limit to how often you can call for family gold.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 20, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »
he probably had morale down to a few % and tmp dropped it down to zip to rob him of his 600 or whatever gold. heh.
firefox

egamma

« Reply #20: September 20, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »
So... why didn't you pay your men? If you didn't have enough gold to pay your men, how did you expect to have enough gold to buy your food?

FWIW - There is a limit to how often you can call for family gold.

My men had been paid the day previous, it was their "far from home" morale. Also, my character has a positive balance with the family--maybe 500 gold, maybe less--and the family gold is at 2500.